vi

[ chapter 6 ]

april 8th, 2022
3:00 p.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

ARIANA has struggled with relationships for as long as she can remember. And it wasn't the actual relationship part that was hard for her. Ariana had come to the conclusion that she just couldn't keep herself entertained long enough.

At first, Ariana thought it was the guys' faults. Her friends would tell her they're no good and she wouldn't listen. Well, she wouldn't listen until after Pete. That's when she had found Dalton; and thought he was the one.

Her friends and family approved. He had a semi-regular job and was really sweet to her. She really did love him. But, at some point, she just got bored. It was nothing he did or didn't do. She just wasn't entertained anymore. And she couldn't stand it.

Ariana hated the way she was. She hated the fact she could never keep a long term relationship and she hated the hurt she'd put so many guys through. She didn't know what to do, or how to change it. She wasn't sure if she could change it.

The only thing Ariana was sure of, is her hopefulness that somebody, somewhere, would come and swoop her off her feet. Make her feel a way she's never felt before and help her hold that feeling.

Another thing Ariana was sure of; that was just hopeless thinking.

ariana's pov:

   I parked in Y/n's driveway and smiled at the thought of seeing her. I know I probably looked stupid as fuck smiling at nothing, but I had to get the jitters out before I walked up to that door.

   I still couldn't believe I'd get to see Y/n Y/l/n on a regular basis. I felt like a teenage fangirl crushing over her like this. I didn't know how to stop it.

well, you're gonna have to learn . lipman said keep it friendly

   I sighed. Of course, my own conscious is my biggest hater.

   Buzzkill.

   I quickly turned off my white Range Rover and took the key out of the ignition. I got out and made sure the car was locked before walking up to her doorstep.

   Take a deep breath. Clear you head. Act normal.

knock knock knock

   Each second that passed felt like an entire hour. My heart was heavy but I knew I'd lighten up the second Y/n's face was in front of mine.

   Slowly, the door opened and Y/n's smile replaced it. Like I said, I instantly brightened; matching her smile.

   "Ari!" She exclaimed, immediately pulling me into a hug. My smile grew when I inhaled her scent, practically digging my face in her torso. She had squeezed her arms around my neck/head a little bit before pulling away. I was sad to have to unravel my arms from her waist; but I did it anyways.

   "Hey, Y/nn!" I greeted just as cheerful. She moved aside to let me in and quickly closed the door behind me. I heard her lock it while I took a quick look around her house.