𝚂𝟷𝙴𝟷𝟶: 𝙳𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚘

Inspired by Community S1E19: "Beginner Pottery"

Annabeth POV

Percy almost trips over himself as he enters the study room, out of breath and red in the face.

"Oh, Percy, you're here. Great," Annabeth says.

She had come to the study room with big news this morning, but the others insisted it wouldn't be right to share without Percy. Couldn't they just catch him up later?

Apparently not.

"I'll show up late every day if it gets me a greeting like that," Percy says.

It's just playful banter, Annabeth knows, but sometimes it's a little less than welcome. She's not in a good headspace to come up with a clever retort. Her dramatic unveiling was ruined. By him.

Fortunately, Piper starts talking. That girl is like a hot Judge Judy. "Annabeth was just telling us about... The Ultimate Blowoff Class!" she shouts, giving jazz hands for emphasis.

Percy sits down and scoots his chair closer to Annabeth's. Seriously, why does he always do that? She's tested it. She's even moved her chair as far away from his as it'll go, and still, he finds a way to get physically close to her. He's a friendly guy, probably by no fault of his own, but he forgets about social distancing.

He looks over her shoulder while she pulls up the New Rome course registration page.

"ART 105: Intro to Ceramics. Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:00," she reads to her friends. Has Annabeth ever been one for art? No. Is she even remotely interested in making a vase? No, but when she heard about how easy it is to get an A, she realized she can't pass up this opportunity.

And it's an hour-and-a-half long class; she's gotta recruit some friends to take it with her.

If you think about it, she's doing a favor to her study group. She's handing them a ball of clay with an A inside.

Instead of worshipping Annabeth for her find, however, Percy just chuckles and says, "Never really took you for a pottery person, Wise Girl."

Annabeth needs to come up with an insult for Percy that isn't 'idiot.' "Oh, I'm not," she clarifies. "But I was on Rate-My-Professor and it looks like this Vulcan guy is a total hippie, even more than Piper's ex-girlfriend. No offense, Pipes."

"None taken." Piper gives finger guns.

Annabeth continues. "Anyway, the entire grade is participation, so all you have to do is show up. You don't even have to make anything."

"Ooh, count me in!" says Piper. That's one! Great!

"Me too!" says Leo. Oh, yeah! Pottery class might be fun with Piper and Leo!

She bats her eyes at Percy as if to say haha! I was right.

He seems relatively unaffected. "I'm actually all signed up to take a week-long intensive course. There are still a couple of spots left if anybody wants to join me," he says.

Percy must be genuinely interested in whatever course he found because Annabeth has no idea why anybody would want to take a week-long intensive. It's a lot of time and energy and combined with regular courses, intensives don't allow much time for anything else.

This girl Katie that lives in Annabeth's residence hall took a week-long baking intensive course. The professor was obsessed with cereal and poor Katie was pulling all-nighters trying to make the perfect scones. She passed the class, but at what price?