𝚂𝟹𝙴𝟻: 𝙸𝚗 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚘 𝙱𝚊𝚛

Inspired by Community S3E8: "Documentary Filmmaking: Redux."

Leo POV [Documentary]

The camera fades in on the study group in their natural habitat: Study Room Nine. Everyone is sitting in their usual seats, except for Leo, who is working behind the camera with Travis Stoll, his cameraman, and Jake Mason, the guy with the boom mic.

"Leo, what is it with the documentary thing again? In your words, that is so last season," Piper says. In true documentary fashion, a textbox appears under her face that labels her as PIPER, with the subtitle, NEW ROOMMATE.

"Yeah, man, I know it's fun, but you don't usually do the same thing twice," Jason says. His textbox says, JASON: BEST FRIEND

"I know," Leo says from off-screen, "but this is for my documentary certificate requirements."

"Why would a mechanical engineering major need a documentary certificate?" Annabeth asks from the other side of the study table. A textbox appears across her jacket that says, ANNABETH: NUTCASE.

"I'm close to earning it anyway with last year's documentary and all the movies I watch," Leo says. "Just go along with it. Act natural."

Travis zooms in and does a pan across the study table, showing the confused looks of Leo's friends.

"When's it due?" HAZEL: EXCELLENT BAKER asks.

"By the time I graduate," Leo replies.

"So why'd you pick today?" she asks.

The truth? Leo doesn't know. "I just feel like something's going to happen."

The door opens, so the camera crew spins around to reveal the visitor.

"Good morning, New Rome Seven!" DEAN D: THE DEAN asks.

"What do you want, Dean?" PERCY: PROVOKES THE NUTCASE asks.

Dean D puts a DVD into Annabeth's computer from the Jurassic Age. The group sits and stares at each other in silence while it loads, a mutual agreement to entertain Dean D and send him on his way as soon as possible.

Soon, a tacky commercial older than Leo starts to play.

"Why did I choose New Rome Community College?" a guy wearing a bucket hat and flashy parachute pants asks.

"My typing class is totally tubular!" says a girl with Madonna-esque hair and crazy big shoulder pads.

Then, an African American guy and a blonde girl say in unison, "Meeting new people!" They embrace. It's horrible. It's cheesy. It's... It's from the 80s.

The dean looks the same, except instead of a leopard print shirt, he's wearing a zebra print shirt. Wow, so he mixed it up since then. "And now, you can fax your enrollment forms at the number below!" The number below is written in yellow comic sans.

That was the single worst commercial Leo's ever seen in his life, and he watches a lot of television.

Dean D ejects the DVD and then turns to the group again. "We've been given two-thousand dollars to film a new and updated commercial for New Rome, and since you are conveniently diverse, I've chosen you to assist in this project."

FRANK: LACTOSE INTOLERANT asks, "What exactly would you have us doing?"

Dean D says, "I have some roles that need filling, and I could use someone smart to work out the numbers since I spent the majority of the budget on a fake leopard head for my office."