𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟹: 𝚂𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙼𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚘𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝙲𝚘𝚗

Inspired by Community S4E6: "Conventions of Space and Time."

Third-Person POV Scenes From MythoMagic Con

"Are you sure he won't figure it out?" Piper asks as she cuddles closer into Jason's chest.

He wraps his arm around her soft waist and pulls her in closer. "Yes, I'm sure. C'mon, you know him. He's not exactly one for social cues."

This is a conversation Jason and Piper have had about a million times since they started dating in secret and about two million times since they started planning their trip to LA for the MythoMagic convention. Subsequently, they've had other conversations like, "Well, why shouldn't we invite Frank too because he likes MythoMagic?" and "Why Frank and not Hazel?" and then "Why everyone except Annabeth and Percy?" and now the entire study group is tagging along to MythoMagic Con to watch Jason, Leo, and Frank get excited for the movie that's coming out soon.

And on top of all these considerations, Jason and Piper have to hide their relationship from Leo for some weird reason that Jason won't explain.

Piper grabs her phone from the nightstand and says to her secret boyfriend, "Sorry, I keep forgetting to Venmo you for my ticket. I'm going to do that now before I forget again."

"Don't," Jason says, playfully covering the screen with his palm. "I got it."

"You don't have to," Piper says. "I'm not even in the... Is it a fandom?"

"If it has its own convention, I think it's safe to say it has a fandom," he explains.

Piper yawns instead of replying and wipes the sleep from her eyes. "You know I don't want this, but you should probably sneak out before-"

"Piper! Wakey wakey! Eggs and bakey!" Leo calls through the bedroom door.

"Shit," Jason swears.

Piper sits up, holding the sheet over her body as she lazily watches Jason search for his clothes. "Woah, Sparky."

She reaches over the side of her bed for her sweatshirt, which she doesn't remember throwing behind the headboard last night after their bowling date. Just in time, she puts it on.

Leo bursts through the door, looking at something on his two-in-one tablet laptop. "So today's itinerary includes a panel with some of the cast members of the MythoMagic movie, about an hour to look around at the merch booths before all the good stuff is gone—good morning, Jason—and then lunch at the burger place down the street."

"Hey, Leo," says Jason. "I swear this isn't what it looks like."

Leo shrugs. "I know you're boyfriend and girlfriend. That's why you wanted Piper to come to the convention so badly."

"Aww, Jason," Piper teases.

Leo grins, knowing that he's gained an ally. "Yeah, he was all like please, Leo, we owe it to her as roommates and I just know she'd love a signed Aphrodite card."

Jason facepalms while Leo and Piper continue laughing.

"Okay, but we do need to talk logistics," Leo says. "Are you okay if we take your truck, Piper? Jason's van is in the shop again and my baby can't do highways."

And by 'baby,' he's referring to his antique Cadillac Coupe DeVille, which still runs, miraculously.

"Yeah, that's fine," says Piper.

"The others are going to meet us there in Percy's Jeep," Leo explains. "Annabeth and Percy are going to get us all checked into the hotel so we can get in line for autographs sooner."