𝚂𝟸𝙴𝟸: 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚜

For information on the Australian Bushfires of 2019-2020 and to take action, please visit https://www.wwf.org.au/what-we-do/bushfires. The World Wildlife Fund for Nature is dedicated to the preservation of wildlife and the reduction of human impact on the environment.

Inspired by Community S2E3: "The Psychology of Letting Go"

Hazel POV

Hazel never realized just how much she wanted girlfriends until coming to New Rome Community College.

For that matter, she never realized how great having friends could be!

Sure, she has her brother, Nico, and she adores him. He gives her rides on his Vespa scooter, teaches her how to swear in Italian, and even wore the first masks she ever made, and that's saying a lot because those masks were itchy and tugged on your earlobes in the worst way.

But there are some things she can't talk about with Nico. Sure, they do talk about boys sometimes, but Hazel means stuff that no boys would want to talk about, stuff you need girls for.

That's why Annabeth and Piper are so great! They can commiserate with her period cramps without getting grossed out, and they explain all of the Cards Against Humanity cards she doesn't understand with no judgment.

So she's going to come clean to them about her crush on Frank. They both have more experience with boys than her, and would probably be great wing women!

It's a fantastic day to tell them about it because they're the first ones at the study table in the library.

"Hey, girls!" says Hazel.

Piper waves. "Hazel, what do you think about our poster? Should we put an adorable koala bear on it-"

"Or actual facts that'll tell people what's going on in Australia and who's responsible?" Annabeth finishes.

Okay, so no boy talk this morning. No matter. Hazel loves arts and crafts.

"What are you trying to do?" she asks.

"We're raising awareness and collecting donations to support wildlife affected by the wildfires in Australia," Annabeth explains.

"And that starts with a catchy poster!" Piper says.

"Hmm..." Both ideas are great. The picture of the koala would certainly catch Hazel's attention, but she's also a very visual learner, so seeing the facts written out, despite her dyslexia, might be helpful.

"Is there a way you could do both?" Hazel asks. "Like, have the koala bear because it's cute and eye-catching, but make it sort of transparent so you can put facts on it."

Annabeth and Piper look at each other, eyes narrowed.

"I hate it when she's rational," says Annabeth.

"At least we're agreeing on something," Piper says. She Googles 'KOALA IMAGES' and starts scrolling.

Oh, they're so cute! Then again, are there any animals that aren't cute? Honestly, even snakes are cute to some degree, and rats just remind Hazel of Ratatouille.

"Hey, maybe we could all help!" Hazel suggests. "Frank might be able to make koala balloon animals. People love balloon animals, right?"

"Sorry, Hazel," says Annabeth. "We're not trying to reward people for contributing to climate change."

"Annabeth!" Piper scolds.

"It's okay," says Hazel. "That makes sense. Can I help though?"

Piper shrugs. "To be honest, I'm pretty sure we've got it handled. This poster was the hardest part."