𝚂𝟷𝙴𝟷𝟹: 𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚐 (𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗'𝚜 𝚅𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗)

This is an abridged version of Capture the Flag (Assassin's Verson)

Inspired by Community S1E23: "Modern Warfare"

Annabeth POV

"I swear to god, Seaweed Brain! This is all your fault!"

"My fault? I'm not the one who insisted that we make a PowerPoint presentation to accompany a two-minute conversation in Latin!" Percy shouts.

That absolute moron. "Because it wasn't a conversation! It was a report on a deity!"

"And you tried to say that Minerva is better than Neptune! Nobody thinks that!"

Now, Annabeth doesn't condone getting in screaming matches with your... whatever... in front of your entire study group.

But this is her pride at stake. And Percy's the reason why she got a C—a freakin' C—on the oral midterm presentation! She hasn't felt this humiliated since the day she got arrested.

"Hey, uh, I don't want to cut in," says Piper, "but you guys should just have sex. I mean, preferably not here, but I think everyone in this group would benefit from some steamy Perca-sex."

"With Seaweed Brain? That is disgusting," says Annabeth.

"Yeah, I'll have to pass up the opportunity; I could catch more than just COVID," Percy retorts.

He just went too far.

"Are you calling me a whore?" Annabeth crosses her arms.

Frank gasps and covers his ears.

Percy raises a finger. "I'm..."

"I thought so." Annabeth storms out because she's just that great at dramatic exits.

"Wait!"

Annabeth turns around to find Percy skirting around the corner like he's running a marathon and she's at the finish line.

"I'll email Octavian and see if we can get some extra credit," he says. "You've been kind of on edge lately though. Are you alright?"

Shoot. He's being nice. "Yeah," says Annabeth. "Just tired."

Percy tosses her a keychain from the National Aquarium. The name "ESTELLE" is engraved on it in tidy lettering.

"You can take a nap in my car if you want," he says. "You look like you need it. I'll catch you up on the notes if you want to skip class too."

"You'd skip capture-the-flag for me?" Annabeth asks.

Why Percy Jackson wants to join the paintball assassins' capture-the-flag game is beyond Annabeth. Knowing him, it's probably because anyone who participates gets to skip class, but that doesn't sound worth it. They haven't even announced the prize yet. What if you win, like, a t-shirt? Then, all you have would be a t-shirt and a crap ton of makeup work.

"You're my friend, Wise Girl," Percy answers.

No, she isn't. She's been kind of awful to him all year.

But she'll be damned if she doesn't take advantage of this opportunity.

"Thanks, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth takes the key and heads out into the parking lot. Hopefully, Percy put the top on his blue Jeep because she'll kill him if she wakes up covered in bird crap.

Oh, he's got a blanket in here. That's really... something.

Not bothering to set an alarm, Annabeth curls up in the backseat and drifts off into a deep sleep.