𝚂𝟸𝙴𝟼: 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝙿𝚎𝚗

Inspired by Community S2E8: "Cooperative Calligraphy"

Jason POV

"And... done!" Piper shouts. "Hell yeah! Done with midterms!"

"Piper, you glued my head on upside-down," says Jason. He pries off Tiny Jason's head and flips it over. Their midterm project for their mythology class is awesome, to say the least. It's a diorama of Jason and the Argonauts on their quest for the Golden Fleece. All the coolest heroes are on the ship. Jason, Heracles, Orpheus... Did he mention Jason?

This project was a lot of fun if you ask him. Sure, blood, sweat, and tears were literally poured into it. Yes, even blood. Don't give poor clumsy Frank an X-ACTO knife.

"Seriously, everybody, great job on this project," says Percy. "There's no team I would have rather worked with."

Everyone gushes over Percy's sentimentality. Then, right on cue, the intercom buzzes with an exciting message: "I suppose I should congratulate you brats on finishing up your midterm examinations," barks Dean D. There's some shuffling around, and Jason's pretty sure he can hear Mr. Brunner scold the grouchy dean.

Mr. Brunner continues the message. "This is a reminder that the post-midterms cornhole tournament is happening on the lawn in half an hour. Teams will need to be punctual. Registration is limited."

"Woohoo! Cornhole!" shouts Piper. "Annabeth, are we still a team?"

"I'm going to kick that Clarisse La Rue's ass if it's the last thing I do!" Annabeth pumps her fist in the air.

Everyone gathers their backpacks, ready to watch Annabeth and Piper win the cornhole tournament. The prize is a gift certificate to the new Jamba Juice that opened up down the street from campus, and the girls promised to share if—when—they win.

"Hey, guys, has anybody seen my pen?" Percy asks.

Jason halfheartedly checks underneath the table. No pen.

"What does it look like?" Hazel asks.

"It's blue, and it has a clownfish on it."

"Sorry, bro, haven't seen it," says Jason.

"We'll keep an eye out," says Frank. He holds the door open for Hazel and Piper.

"Woah, guys, you can't just leave!" Percy says. "We need to find my pen." Jason's never seen Percy so panicked before. He's usually the casual levelheaded one, and now he's all worked up over a stupid pen? Jason's never seen anything like it.

"Are you sure you had it when you got here?" Leo asks.

"Yes, I'm sure. C'mon, help me find it!"

"You lost a pen, Seaweed Brain," says Annabeth. "Get over it." She follows the others to the door.

Percy stands up and shouts, "NO!"

The girls turn around and Frank shuts the door.

"It is not just a pen. My real dad got it for me at the New York Aquarium when I was a kid. I can't lose it." Percy's hands are shaking.

"Okay," says Jason. Clearly, this pen is special to him. Jason's dad wasn't present in his childhood either, so he sort of gets where Percy's coming from. He's lucky to have had something so important to him. "Frank, help me pull out the bookshelves. Everyone else, look under the table and on the windowsills. Oh, the whiteboard!"

The pen is not on the whiteboard tray.

Frank pulls out a bookshelf and frowns. Then, he pushes the shelf back in.