𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟿: 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢'𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚍, 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕

Part II of The Floor is Lava

Inspired by Community S5E5: "Geothermal Escapism."

Annabeth POV 

Annabeth would like to report that she and Percy traveled across the quad in pleasant silence, occasionally giggling at the fat campus squirrels or making small talk about what Percy plans to do during his spring break at home.

However, Annabeth is unable to give such a report since she and Percy are currently using his prize fleece as a shield from the disks being thrown at them by the Ultimate Frisbee team.

"This sucks," she mutters. She can't see. Percy is her eyes, but he's not exactly the most observant person. He hasn't driven her into any lamposts yet, but he did neglect to mention a curb. Miraculously, they hopped that curb without capsizing the Jazzy.

"Yeah, it does suck," Percy agrees. "Tree. Tree. Oh my god, tree."

"Oh, sorry, let me just shrink the Jazzy so you can keep your hair nice."

"Screw you."

"Whatcha doin' under that blanket, lovebirds?" someone sneers.

Annabeth emerges from the blanket shield, catches a red Frisbee mid-air, and then tosses it back into the tree, effectively knocking Octavian-slash-Gary into a patch of mud. "We're not dating!" she shouts.

"I can't stand that guy," Percy says.

She doesn't respond. He doesn't need her to validate his feelings against their former TA.

"If he's lying about having amnesia, I'm going to kill him for ruining Frisbee for Jason."

All she can say is, "Oh." Percy's never really gotten violent before. Mr. Brunner's campus-wide games bring out the worst in people, but never the worst in Percy. Annabeth didn't know there was a worst in him.

CRACK!

Just Annabeth's luck. She's doing an awesome job taking out the Ultimate Frisbee team's alliance and it freakin' rains!

"Woah!" Lee Fletcher slips on a leaf and falls into the same mud puddle as the rest of the team.

Percy moves around beneath the blanket and says, "Do you want to get back under?"

What has her life come to? She's so hung up on a game of hot lava that she's forgotten about how frizzy her hair gets in the rain, and all because she wants to help some guy from her study group get home for spring break.

Well, he's not just some guy from her study group. At the very least he's her friend, and it would be a shame for him not to see his sister's Valentine's Day cards.

"I'm sorry about your blanket getting wet," she says when she covers herself with the golden fleece. It's actually very soft. Maybe she should have entered more raffles during her years at New Rome.

"It's okay," he says. "I'm just glad it turned out to be useful. Besides, the laundry in our apartment complex is free, so I can just dry it when I get back. Hey, look!"

"I can't look. I'm under a blanket and all I can see is your back. Did you know that the New Rome intermural rugby team was founded in 2005?"

"That new?" he asks.

"I mean, that's what it says on the back of your sweatshirt."

Percy yanks the blanket off the two of them, and Annabeth fights the urge to giggle at the way his hair sticks up from the static electricity. He points toward the building in front of him. Oh. The library. For a minute, it felt like the two of them were going on a romantic joyride on their stolen Jazzy. On second thought, it's totally not romantic, because they stole the scooter from a disabled person, and that is not a cool and romantic thing to do.