𝚂𝟹𝙴𝟹: 𝙹𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙾𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎

Inspired by Community S3E3: "Remedial Chaos Theory."

Jason POV

Jason doesn't believe in that science fiction crap that Leo likes. Sure, he enjoys The Matrix and Jurassic Park, but does he think that you could use DNA from mosquitos to bring back dinosaurs? Not a chance. He gets the lesson: don't screw around with science, but honestly, how much screwing around with science is possible? There's no multiverse, no parallel universes, or any wormholes or portals that send you to them.

So it gives Jason this big headache when Leo talks about splitting timelines and other dimensions like it's something that happens daily, any time there are decisions, chances, or crossroads.

"Do you want pepperoni pizza, or should we just order all cheese?" Jason asks his best friend and roommate, Leo Valdez.

Leo ponders this question for a second as if the housewarming get-together that was his idea in the first place might matter to him. Then, he says, "Just so you know, whatever you choose will create a second timeline."

Jason rolls his eyes and answers the pizza guy on the other line. "Yeah, my situationship is vegetarian, so we better just do all cheese." He finishes the order, insisting that his guests really will go through four pizzas tonight and that yes, he does want them to be the same. He gives the man his new address, and then he hangs up.

"Pizza is officially ordered," Jason declares.

Leo tightens his suspenders. He pulled out the formal wear for this. It's just a little gathering of friends to celebrate Jason and Leo's new apartment. Then again, it's pretty nice to see him so proud of a human accomplishment and not one of his machines for once. Not that his machines aren't really interesting! Jason loves seeing things around the apartment practically fix themselves overnight, and the Roomba that Leo got out of the trash and fixed up isn't so bad either.

But it's different seeing Leo pulling out all the stops for other human beings.

He tilts the candy dish ever so slightly and looks to Jason for approval.

Jason gives a thumbs-up. "We are ready to socialize."

Buzz!

Leo jumps. "I'll get the MythoMagic game set up! You go welcome our first guests!"

"Will do." Jason opens the door and it's like a slap in the face. Really? Piper? So soon? Jason would have liked to catch Percy up on the situationship before facing... a significant person in his life.

"Hey, Jason," Frank says, unknowingly playing buffer to an awkward situation. In his big Wreck-It Ralph hands are some of the fullest grocery bags Jason's ever seen. That's what happens when your state charges for plastic bags, he supposes.

"You didn't have to bring anything," Jason says as he takes the bags from Frank. At a complete loss of confidence, he greets Piper with a nod.

Piper drapes her Deadpool Loungefly bag over a chair and helps Leo shuffle cards and set up game pieces.

Frank reaches into one of the bags and retrieves a pie crust. "Hazel said she needed more ingredients."

Oh yeah. Did Jason mention that Hazel has been baking in his and Leo's kitchen for the past three hours? Because that's a thing.

"Frank, what did I tell you about enabling her baking?"

"That it's a really bad thing to do..."

"Exactly."