𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟻: 𝚃𝚠𝚘-𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚠𝚘-𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐

Inspired by Community S4E8: "Herstory of Dance."

Leo POV

Leo can get by pretty well on a night of poor sleep. He pulls accidental all-nighters when he gets wrapped up in a particularly fascinating project, and not without consequences. Still, he's the guy that can chug a couple of Monster Energy drinks and be on his merry way by about noon. Beyond that, he maintains a regular bedtime of about two or three in the morning, unless he has an assignment due. In that case, he'll pull the aforementioned all-nighter.

In conclusion, Leo can recover from that kind of thing with minimal hardships.

His friends, on the other hand, cannot, but he would be a bad friend if he let them miss the MythoMagic: The Movie midnight premiere for that full eight hours of sleep they seem to enjoy so much.

Hazel takes a sip from her coffee. She never drinks coffee. "Piper, why are there two of you?"

Piper doesn't answer. She is asleep on the table. Leo knows this because she snores a little, but not nearly as badly as Jason. He should probably take his roommate to a doctor soon.

Frank slips out of his chair a little and grabs Jason for support, but accidentally takes him down with him. "Shoot, sorry. I'm just so dang tired."

"You said it, man," Jason agrees. "I'm not so sure I needed to be up that late."

Annabeth snorts. "You mean you didn't need to learn about the power of friendship?"

"I did not need to learn about the power of friendship," Jason complains. "I think we were the only people in that theater without children."

"Hey, Katie Gardner doesn't have kids, and I think I saw her there with Travis," Leo interjects.

"They were babysitting his cousins," says Hazel. She gags on her coffee and then pushes the cup to the center of the table.

Percy clears his throat. "I liked seeing the power of friendship in action."

Here they go again. The movie sucked, a fact even Leo will admit. He thought they'd spend the morning commiserating about a wasted time and it would turn into an inside joke they'd reference randomly on the discussion board assignments Mr. Brunner likes assigning to their history class. It did not turn into an inside joke because Percy genuinely enjoyed the movie. At first, Leo thought Percy's comments might be sarcasm because he has trouble picking up on that sort of thing in other people and Percy tends to be a sarcastic guy, but that was not the case. Percy thought Chris Pratt was the perfect choice for Pegasus, laughed at the minions dressed as gladiators at the beginning credits, and even begged the group to stay through the credits in case there was a post-credit scene.

There was no post-credit scene. There was only the tacky song that The Weeknd wrote for the movie. The Weeknd should not be writing songs for children's movies. He should stick to his sexytime music.

Leo is snapped out of his thoughts when Jason scolds Percy. "Dude, they defeated Kronos with their friendship, and then when Pegasus died, he came back to life when someone cried on him."

Percy beams. "Magical tears of friendship..."

Annabeth facepalms. "You are such an idiot. Back me up, Pipes."

Piper snores because she is out cold. For someone who claims to not be like other girls, she sure does need her beauty sleep.

And as if this morning couldn't get any worse, Dean D barges into the study room dressed like Rosie the Riveter, and for some reason, Leo feels like this is offensive.