𝚂𝟸𝙴𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎

Inspired by Community S2E16: "Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking."

Leo POV [Documentary]

The camera fades in, panning across a hospital waiting room. Six misfit college students sit in uncomfortable silence, unsure of what they are about to witness.

"Just act natural," Leo says. "It's like we're not even here."

"Of all the television comparisons you make, Leo... God, I can't decide if this is my favorite or least favorite!" Piper says. That line is funny. Leo will probably leave it in the final documentary.

"Zoom in on her, Travis."

The camera zooms in for a close-up of Piper, one of Leo's favorite characters.

"I do like the office," Percy says.

"We shouldn't be joking at a time like this," Hazel says. "Dean D could be dying in there, and we're the people he asked to see."

"You don't really think he's going to... you know..." Frank wrings his hands in his lap.

Hazel shrugs. "I don't know. With the way they're just letting us occupy the waiting room like this in the middle of a pandemic, I'm thinking it's pretty serious."

Percy looks at the camera, and then quickly looks back out the window.

"I'm skeptical," says Annabeth. "He's probably just taking advantage of his situation so he can use us as pawns."

"Annabeth!" Percy scolds. "He could be dying in there and all you can think about is ulterior motives? What the hell is wrong with you?"

Annabeth rolls her eyes. "What the hell is wrong with the dean? He's been using us as unpaid labor all year."

"This isn't about the admissions pamphlets still, is it?" Jason asks. "'Cause that was last year."

Annabeth sits back in her chair and throws her arms up in defense. "All I'm saying is that we should watch our backs. Dean D isn't exactly one to go down without a fight, and you know he'll love to profit off this however he can. Ugh, I can just see the headline now..."

The footage cuts before Annabeth can finish her thought. More importantly, Leo decides to take his film crew straight to the dean's hospital room.

The camera pans to the dean, a man whose age is hard to tell, but whose condition seems weak. Then again, he appeared weak before he was hospitalized. A man already overweight and constantly red in the face probably shouldn't drink multiple cases of Diet Coke in a day, however, he's currently opening a can.

"What is the meaning of this, Leonard?" Dean D says. "Playing god again?"

Leo speaks into the boom mic held by Jake Mason, a fellow engineering major. Jake must have been in an accident or something because he gets around in a wheelchair. It's the coolest thing Leo's ever seen though. It's all decked out with cup holders and speakers. You'd think a guy that crafty would be able to construct a motor for it, but Jake seems happy using his muscle to get around.

"I'm documenting your story here in the hospital. I find it interesting," Leo explains to the dean.

That's not entirely true. Leo just wanted to try out the documentary format. It feels powerful to be all-knowing. It makes for wonderful dramatic irony in three, two, one.