𝚂𝟹𝙴𝟼: 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚜

Inspired by Community S3E9: "Foosball and Nocturnal Vigilantism."

Percy POV

They're just some friends trying to have a fun game of foosball. That's what Percy keeps telling himself anyway. After all, they don't even go here. They have no right to carry on like that in the middle of the student union-

Focus. What did Hazel just say?

Shoot, they're all looking at him.

"Sorry," Percy says. "I'm having trouble focusing in here." That much is true. He can't study in the student lounge for much longer, but he doesn't have much of a choice since they're repainting the study room an even uglier shade of orange.

"Hazel was asking how we're spending the weekend," Jason supplies.

You know that feeling when you think it's Wednesday because you're following the same schedule you would on a Wednesday, but then you realize it's actually a Friday and you're going to be able to go back to your apartment and relax instead of rushing to a four o'clock swim practice?

Yeah. That. Percy feels that because—surprise—it just happened to him. "I'm not sure yet," he says. "Probably relax, play some video games-"

"Oh, yeah!"

"Score!"

"Suck it, loser!"

Percy takes a deep breath. If the sound of that stupid ball clanking against the sides of the table wasn't hard enough to tolerate, those stupid Valhalla students have to whoop and holler every time they score against some unsuspecting New Rome student. "Who let them into our student union anyway?" Percy asks.

Everyone looks at him with wide eyes.

He doesn't usually lose patience; Percy's a 'live and let live' sort of guy, but this is ridiculous! Is nobody else bothered by these guys? "You don't hear those Valhalla guys carrying on at our foosball table?"

Piper clears her throat. "Leo and I are going to have a Property Brothers marathon this weekend."

Percy wants to warn that nice guy Grover and his girlfriend Juniper that the Valhalla guys won't show them any mercy, but Annabeth's giving him daggers. He went through an angry phase after their big fight, but now he just feels sad for her. It's probably best if he tries to keep Annabeth happy so she can figure things out.

Yes, it does sting that she has an obvious crush on Piper despite sleeping with him for the past year or so. Percy doesn't want to talk about it. Moving on.

"Is that the one with the sexy twins?" Annabeth asks Piper.

"I think so. Leo, are they twins?" Piper asks.

Leo nods. "Yeah, they're twins."

"Okay, but which one is hotter?" Piper asks.

Hazel winces. "Asking the real questions today!"

"God, you can't just drop something like that this early in the morning!" Annabeth agrees.

Percy jumps when the Valhalla students at the foosball table start yelling again. "Oh yeah! Take that!" yells the skinny one with green hair.

"Pop! Pop!" shouts... oh god, it's Magnus.

Grover retracts his handshake and hobbles away with Juniper, their faces are shell-shocked.

Frank twiddles his thumbs. "I hate bullies like that."

"Wow, that's saying a lot from a guy who knocks people's teeth out on the ice!" Jason laughs.