𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚜 + 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

The following includes important information that readers should know before diving head-first into the course material here at New Rome Community College.

Original Content Disclaimer

Time to credit some awesome people! Rick Riordan owns Heroes of Olympus. Then there's Dan Harmon, the genius creator behind Community. This fanfiction, titled I Can't Count The Reasons, is primarily based on both of these works, but some of it is also based on my personal experiences. The absolute banger of a theme song, "At Least It Was Here" is by a band called The 88. I made the layout of the cover for this book using Canva, but the artwork of Percy and friends is by @Markiehh on Instagram. Give him a follow; his art is amazing! And one final credit to give: I do not own Flex Seal or any products designed and/or promoted by Phil Swift.

This is My Shit

Evidently, I have to tell you all that this concept came from the brain of yours truly! I know there are college AUs out there, but I've never seen a Community/Heroes of Olympus AU before. This is my idea. This is not your idea. If I see eerily similar plots, dialogue, or jokes in your works I won't be messing around. Fanfiction is super hairy in terms of legal stuff, but it's still illegal to plagiarize fanfiction, whether that be word-for-word or even if you're just 'changing it up a little so it isn't obvious.' It's obvious. Remember when Amy Schumer stole people's jokes? Don't be Amy Schumer. Don't steal my shit.

Content Warnings

I'm not putting every warning here because these are short stories, and each one deals with a different subject matter. Any significant warnings will be posted before each 'episode.'  Be aware that there is some adult humor, innuendos, implied sex, and mild language throughout. Good news: I somehow managed to keep the swearing to a minimum. We take our one allotted F-bomb very seriously here at New Rome Community College.

One of my favorite things about Community is that it is funny without being offensive. A lot of people will defend offensive comedy and say, "Well, it's supposed to be a caricature!" or "It's just dark humor!" Community doesn't do any of that. It makes fun of offensive comedy and small-minded people. It says, "Hey, the way some people are treated in comedy is wrong and we're going to make fun of people who find that stuff funny and/or acceptable!" I love that. This show was monumental, especially for neurodivergent people. Abed Nadir is one of the first characters on television who represented the autism spectrum in a way that didn't enforce harmful stereotypes. His friends treated him with kindness and patience, and he isn't defined by his autism.

However, there are a few things you need to be aware of that may or may not be triggering or offensive to some audiences. If you choose to watch Community, be aware that episode 14 in season 2 includes the usage of blackface. This episode is not available on Netflix or Hulu, but to my knowledge, it may still be available on other sites, or you might stumble upon clips on the internet. It goes without saying that this element is not included in my adaptation of the episode. There is also an episode of the show that uses a transphobic slur; for completely unrelated reasons, I scrapped my outline for an adaptation of this episode. None of my pieces use slurs. As previously stated, Community makes fun of people who are offensive, whether they be racist, homophobic, misogynistic, etc. With that being said, there are some small-minded characters in the show that are necessary to convey these themes. I did choose to include some of this behavior because like the writers of Community, I want to use my (small) platform to make my voice heard and promote positive and kind attitudes.

Disclaimer Regarding Live-Action Castings

Like many of you, I'm so excited to see Percy Jackson on my television within the next couple of years. I think the actors who have been cast are going to do an amazing job, and because they have been hand-picked by Riordan himself, they are truly among the best of the best. However, the characters in I Can't Count the Reasons are not supposed to be related to the actors appearing in Percy Jackson and The Olympians. The majority of the cast is made up of children, and because this fanfiction includes adult topics such as implied sex, substance use, alcohol, etc., my physical descriptions of the characters are based on book descriptions and my own headcanons. This should go without saying, but it's not appropriate to imagine real human children in some of these scenarios. I can't stop you from imagining the live-action cast, obviously, but I'd rather you didn't. Let's not do anything that could make people uncomfortable.

Disclaimer Regarding Politics

Something that I need everyone to be aware of is the political nature of this story. The majority of the story takes place during the COVID-19 pandemic, so there will be an emphasis on safety measures, like handwashing and mask-wearing. Disease shouldn't be a political topic, but alas, in this day and age, it unfortunately is. Some of the characters' opinions expressed do represent my views, and some don't. Although I don't talk about it much here on Wattpad, I am a pretty political person, so I am happy to share my opinions and reasoning with you upon request, and in a way that doesn't alienate others. If there are political battles in the comments or any hostile language towards me or my followers, I will call you out. I've never muted anybody before, but know that I am not afraid to. Don't be a jerk. Capisci?

One Last Really Weird Disclaimer

Do not try to email any of the addresses in this series. I made them up. Will Solace will not email you back.

Great, thanks! 

I know this was a lot of information, but I do appreciate your willingness to read it! Please enjoy the story!