𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟷𝟶: 𝙴𝚊𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚗

Inspired by Community S5E11: "Basic Story" and S5E12: "Basic Sandwich."

Nico POV

"I hereby call this first meeting of the Save New Rome Community College Committee to order," Nico says.

"Wait," says Leo. God, who invited this guy? Having like six friends including his sister is not working out well for Nico.

Leo continues, despite Nico's audible groans. "We need a recap." He points a small video camera at Nico.

How is Nico supposed to explain everything that happened this morning? Why should he walk the audience through everything that happened this morning? There's so much, he wouldn't even know where to start. Besides, Leo was there for the insurance appraisal. A bunch of people in suits showed up on campus with tape measurers and cameras. Nico thought for sure they'd fail given that the fire alarm system hasn't worked since 1977 and on account of how much crawling around in the vents the student body does.

Nonetheless, they passed. Dean D looked like he was about to pass out when it happened, and Mr. Brunner just looked thrilled to have been invited on the tour.

Then, a guy wearing a wrinkled suit shook Dean D's hand and announced that the paperwork would be in the mail and that in just a few days, Nico and his friends will be students at Chick-fil-A Community College, which means that in just a couple months, Nico will have earned a diploma from Chick-fil-A Community College. Comparatively speaking, New Rome Community College is a lot less embarrassing than Chick-fil-A Community College.

You'd think they'd hold off on any major renovations until the summer when they can safely tear down walls, but in typical New Rome fashion, Hazel's sandwich shop was destroyed dramatically with a sledgehammer this morning, and Nico has a new inflatable cow costume to pick up from the mailroom. Yep, the new mascot is a cow, and the new slogan is "Eat Mor Chikin." He hates Chick-fil-A Community College even more than he hated New Rome. Hence, the committee he assembled.

Okay, so maybe he can speak in plot points for Leo's documentary, but just because he can doesn't mean he wants to.

"Maybe we can start a social media campaign," Hazel says. "I'm not sure that my TikTok followers would appreciate it, but they'd see it. Plus, they like me."

"Let's put a pin in that idea," Nico says. What's a bunch of strangers online going to do? Refuse to enroll here? Yeah, like enrollment isn't already an issue. "I uh, wouldn't want you to risk your following."

Everyone jumps and looks to the window, where Octavian is holding an "EAT MOR CHIKIN" sign.

Nico was in agreement with Jason, and Jason was right; Octavian does not have amnesia. Octavian was working for Chick-fil-A since the fall. No surprise there.

Jason opens the door to the study room and enters, back from his meeting with the potential new board of Chick-fil-A Community College.

"There's my sexy lawyer," Piper coos, kissing her fiance. "How'd the meeting go?"

Jason sets his briefcase down on the table and sighs. "It went... okay..."

"Okay?" Annabeth asks. "Does this mean they're not going to dissolve the GSA?"

Nico scoffs. The gay-straight-alliance can meet without funding from the school. It's those free therapy sessions he's worried about losing, not that he needs a therapist. He just likes to take advantage of free things, and he supposes the opportunity to talk about his familial trauma isn't the absolute worst thing he's done.