𝚂𝟺𝙴𝟷: 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚎𝚝𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚡

Inspired by Community S4E1: "History 101."

Jason POV

Jason has a plan. Don't act so surprised; he can be smart when he wants to be!

The plan goes a little something like this: first, he got all his friends to sign up for a history class with him because that's the only required credit he has left to complete to graduate. Second, he convinced them to sign up for a one-hundred-level class called HISTORY OF NETFLIX, where the students get an A for sitting around and watching Netflix. There's no final, no papers, and no tests. He'll only be graded for participation, which includes showing up and not falling asleep during Stranger Things, and doing his homework, which is simply watching the next episode.

Needless to say, spots filled up fast over the summer, and Jason feels very lucky he was able to get himself and all six of his close friends registered.

And needless to say, Jason is quite surprised when he arrives at the classroom only to find it overflowing with students. How many people registered for this class? There have to be at least sixty people trying to get in!

He finds Hazel and Frank in the crossfire of a screaming match between Katie Gardner and Travis Stoll.

"Hey, guys!" Jason calls. "What's going on?"

"You didn't hear?" Hazel asks. "They overbooked the class! At least half the school is signed up for it!"

"It's gotta be more than half!" Frank says.

This can't be happening. If Jason can't get into this history class, he won't graduate on time! He should have never put it off. He can't be a super senior next year. He can't give this school more of the money he doesn't have!

Percy all of a sudden bursts from the classroom and breaks through the crowd. "Guys, get in here! I saved us some seats!"

Frank grabs Hazel by the hand and leads her in, Jason trailing a little ways behind.

Annabeth pulls her backpack off the desk next to her for Jason to take a seat. "Thanks," he says.

"Yup."

While Percy teases Hazel and Frank about holding hands and Leo and Piper do the wiggly pencil trick, Jason attempts to ask Annabeth about her summer.

"So, uh, do anything impulsive this summer?" he teases.

"Yeah."

"What is it?"

She rolls her eyes. "Nunya."

"What?"

"Nunya business," she says before opening a game on her phone.

Jason laughs to himself because that means she likely had too much to drink and did something incredibly stupid that poor Percy will probably hear about in a drunk text.

"Move it, brats! Out of the way!" Dean D shouts.

Mr. Brunner shouts something too, but Jason can't hear him over all the people crowding the classroom.

"Ow!" Sherman Yang yells when his foot is run over by Mr. Brunner's wheelchair.

"Attention students!" Mr. Brunner yells over the crowd.

Dean D sticks his fingers and his mouth and produces the shrillest whistle Jason's ever heard. It's safe to say he's gotten everyone's attention.

"It seems as if there's been a horrible mistake and now the entire student body is supposedly enrolled in this class. There is one other history class being offered this semester: an in-depth seminar-style course on the Trojan War. It was originally designed for our honors program, which many of you are aware was dissolved about ten years ago, but we are fortunate that Mr. Brunner has offered to bring this course back," says the dean.