The Oldest Son and Brother

It wasn't easy for Lord Charles Andrew Howard III to be the eldest child and sibling of Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior and a big brother of four younger siblings as they arrived to his father and mother.

As the first born child and son of Lord Charles Andrew Howard Junior, Lord Charles Andrew III was expected to excel in everything.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR expected a lot out of his eldest child and son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III and the day he was born Lord Charles Andrew Junior expected him to succeed him to the Dukedom of Norfolk in time, but things changed.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR still planned for his eldest child and son's future at an early age of 10 years old in 2240 he started to look at prospective matches for his son.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR had good relationships with several aristocratic families that had daughters that were two years younger than Lord Charles Andrew Howard's eldest son.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR met all the father's of the young women he thought that worthy to marry his eldest son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR's main concern was their daughter's ability to have children and what kind of reputation they have.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR met with Lord Victor Paul Stanhope, Lord Thomas Edward Percy, and Lord Charles Valois.

They had daughters in 2240 that were 8 years old and by the time they turned 18 years old in 2251. They would be marriageable.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR explains " Your daughter must be able to travel to Norfolk Estate and live with my wife and I for a period of two years before they marry. They need to become accustomed to Norfolk Territory and realize their duties towards the Family and provide my son with an heir or heiress.

"Tell me about your daughter, Lord Victor Paul Stanhope?" Lord Charles Andrew JR asks.

"Lady Victoria Charlotte Stanhope is beautiful, she has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and she is my only daughter and of course I want a good match for her. I can provide a dowry of 40,000 credits. "Lord Victor tells Lord Charles Andrew JR.

"We don't come with a fancy title or property. I come from a good gentry family." Lord Victor states, but my wife, Lady Devereux Carey is a distant cousin to Lord Philip Carey."

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR smiles and he asks Lord Thomas Percy " Tell me about your daughter , Lord Percy?"

"My daughter, Lady Stephaine Grace Percy is my only daughter and she is my heiress. My wife, Lady Margaret and I only had one child. We want a good match for our daughter." Lord Percy states.

"Our ancestor was Lord Henry Percy, 1st Baron Percy who was a ancestor of Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland who married Margaret Neville and they had Sir Henry Percy who married Lady Elizabeth Mortimer and they had Henry Percy, 2nd Earl of Northumberland who married Eleanor Poynings and they had Henry Percy, 4th Earl of Northumberland and he married Maud Herbert and they had Henry Algernon Percy, 5th Earl of Northumberland who married Catherine Spencer and they had Thomas Percy, 7th Earl of Northumberland who married Anne Somerset and they had Henry Percy, 8th Earl of Northumberland who married Lady Katherine Neville, and they had Henry Percy, 9th Earl of Northumberland and he married Lady Dorothy Devereux who had Algernon Percy, 10th Earl of Northumberland who married Lady Anne Cecil and they had one daughter, Lady Elizabeth Percy who married Arthur Capell, 1st Earl of Essex and they had Algernon Capell, 2nd Earl of Essex and he married Mary Bentinck and they had a son, William Capell, 3rd Earl of Essex and he married Lady Elizabeth Russell, and they had William Capell, 4th Earl of Essex and he married , Frances Hanbury-Williams and they had George Capel-Coningsby, 5th Earl of Essex who married Lady Caroline Janetta Beauclerk and they had George Capell, 7th Earl of Essex who married Ellenor Harriet Maria Harford and they had Algernon Capell, 8th Earl of Essex and he married Mary Eveline Stewart Freeman and they had one child,Robert Capell, 10th Earl of Essex and he married and they had a son,

Frederick Paul de Vere Capell, 11th Earl of Essex and he has a son, Kevin Devereux Capell." Lord Percy tells Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard asks Lord Charles Valois to tell him about his daughter, and he tells my daughter, Lady Madeline Charlotte Valois. Is my pride and joy. She is a direct descendant of Prince Charles of Valois, third son of King Philip III of France and through her mother's side she is a descendant of Louis I the First, Duke of Bourbon through King Louis IX of France and his son, Prince Robert." Lord Charles states.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR looks at all of the gentlemen and finally says " Gentlemen. I realize that you want the very best for your daughters, but I have chosen Lady Victoria Charlotte Stanhope for my eldest son. "

"It isn't about the dowry as I really don't care. My son needs to have an heir or heiress." Lord Charles Andrew JR states.

Lord Victor Paul Stanhope and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR enter into a marriage contract to be concluded on June 22, 2251 shortly after Lady Victoria turns 18 and Lord Charles Andrew Howard III is 20 years old.

Lord Victor Paul Stanhope and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR shake hands and Lord Victor tells him "I have a son, Lord Victor Paul II who is looking for a wife." Lord Victor tells Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR.

"I am sorry I am not looking for a husband right now for my daughter, Lady Patricia Charlene as she is only 5 year old and her mother will have a say in who our daughter will marry." Lord Charles Andrew JR states.

"Once my daughter and your son are married I will send you a check in the account of 40,000 credits and I want to ensure that the marriage is valid." Lord Victor explains.

"I know the procedure to watch when our two children consummate their marriage." Lord Charles states.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR has found a bride for his eldest son, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III with Lady Victoria Charlotte Stanhope.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR doesn't know Lady Victoria's dark childhood and what she has been through.