The Long Waited Son

They say the third time's a charm and it was for Lord Andrew Charles Howard who was the fifth Duke of Norfolk Territory and his Duchess, Lady Karissa.

When Lady Karissa found out she was pregnant for a third time in November of 2279, she didn't care what their third child was but for the sake of Lord Andrew Charles Howard she wished for a son to carry on the Howard surname.

Lady Karissa decided to break with tradition and she told Lord Andrew Charles if it is a son I will name him Lord Anthony Christopher and if it is another daughter, Lady Sophia Dorothea." Lady Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.

"I like both of the names. I am getting tired of the same old recycle names." Lord Andrew Charles tells Lady Karissa.

In the same year that Lady Karissa is pregnant. Lady Isabella Riley, the wife of Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley is pregnant and she is expecting their first child.

Lady Isabella's eldest sister, Lady Josette is married to Lord John Seymour and she is expecting their first child as well.

Lord David William Beck is called in to oversee Lady Karissa's pregnancy along with Lady Isabella and Lady Josette pregnancy as well.

Lady Josette is due in March, Lady Karissa in June and Lady Isabella is due August.

Lord David William Beck is related to The Howard's through his mother, Lady Eliza Katherine Howard and he knows his duty to the Howard family but he is senior medical officer on Star-Base 12.

Lord David William primary residence is White-Hall Manor but he sometimes resides at Elmhurst Estate that his father's left him and he also has Chartley Manor in Essex Territory where he is Earl and inherited it from maternal great-grandfather through his maternal grandmother, Lady Penelope Rich nee Devereux.

Lord David attends Lady Isabella, Lady Karissa and Lady Josette and he travels into Wessex Territory, Into Somerset Territory and into Bedford Territory.

Lord John Seymour is related to Lord Andrew Charles Howard through a common ancestress, Lady Elizabeth Cheney who married twice, and by two marriages her two daughters Lady Elizabeth and Lady Ann married.

Lady Elizabeth Tinley married Lord Thomas Howard and Lady Anne Say married Sir John Wentworth whose daughter, Lady Margaret Wentworth married Sir John Seymour and their eldest son, Lord Edward Seymour married twice, Lady Catherine Fillio and Lady Anne Stanhope, well when his son's by his second wife died off. They went to his second son by his first wife, Lady Catherine and his name was Lord Edward and his descendants that came into the Dukedom of Somerset.

Lord John Seymour is a direct descendant of Lord Edward Seymour and his son, Lord Edward Seymour from his first wife and his great-great-great-grandfather, Lord William Seymour traveled with Lord Patrick William Howard on the USS Excalibur in 2153.

The Dukedom of Somerset didn't pass onto the Seymour's until during the reign of King Henry VIII of England.

Lord John Seymour married Lady Josette Collins, the eldest daughter of Lord Jeremiah and Lady Elizabeth Collins.

Lady Isabella, their second daughter, would marry Lt.Kevin Thomas Riley and both sisters became pregnant not even three months apart.

Lord David William Beck would travel from one territory to the next taking care of the wives.

Compared to the year of 2276, the year of 2280 wasn't as busy but it took its toll on Lord David William Beck.

When Lady Josette finally went into labor at Somerset Manor he traveled out there and Lady Josette was delivered of a fine healthy baby boy and he was given the name of Lord Edward William Seymour. He would become his father's heir to the Dukedom of Somerset Territory, but his maternal first cousin, Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II, would not inherit the title as neither Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley or Lady Isabella would inherit a title or property.

Finally when Lady Karissa gave birth she gave birth to a son, Lord Anthony Christopher Howard in time he would become brother-in-law, to Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II when he married Lord Anthony's sister, Lady Caroline Matilda Carey and Lord Edward William Seymour would come related to Lord Andrew Charles elder brother,Lord Patrick William Howard II when he married Lady Autumn Bridget Howard, Duchess of Cambridge Territory.

Lady Autumn Bridget's daughter, Lady Patricia Frederica Howard would inherit the Dukedom of Cambridge and their son, Lord William Patrick Seymour would inherit the Dukedom of Somerset from his father.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley and Lord John Seymour all were blessed with sons in 2280 and they were all happy especially Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR who had been waiting for his first grandson since 2251 and it took him 30 years to get his first grandson.

Lord Anthony Christopher Howard would receive the Dukedom of Lancaster Territory just like his younger sister, Lady Samhain had received the Dukedom of Clarence upon her birth.

Lady Karissa refused to allow her children to be separated until which time they became young adults and were ready for their own households.

Lord Anthony had a separate nursery from his two older sisters and his own nanny to take care of him besides his mother.

Eventually he would be joined by a younger brother, Lord Albert Edward Howard, Duke of Kent Territory and Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Duke of Langley Territory and from time to time his two first  cousins, Lord Charles Andrew Howard IV Duke of Albany Territory and Lord David Frederick Howard, Duke of Manchester Territory would join them in nursery at Beltane Manor.

Finally, in August of 2280 when Lady Isabella gave birth to Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II, Lord David William Beck could take a short breather until February of 2282, when Lady Autumn Bridget Howard was born, to be followed by Lady Caroline Matilda Carey and finally Lord Charles Andrew Howard IV in November of 2282.

Lord David William Beck would welcome his second child, a daughter, Lady Edwina Wilhelmina Beck is 2283, and there are no births in 2284.

The next sets of births would be in 2285 with Lady Karissa giving birth to Lord Albert Edward Howard, Duke of Kent Territory and Lady Theresa Hardwick giving birth to Lady Anastasia Christina Howard, Duchess of Northampton Territory in December of 2285.

No births were recorded between 2286-2288, and the only births recorded in 2289 were Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey and Lord David Frederick Howard.

The only birth recorded in 2290 was the birth of Lady Sophia Dorothea Howard, Duchess of Gloucester Territory and no births were recorded until May 1, 2295, with the birth of Lady Elizabeth's first child and her half sister, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard being both born on her 20th birthday.

Both mother and daughter named their daughters, Lady Karissa - Lady Elizabeth named her daughter, Lady Karissa Ann Howard and Lord Charles Andrew Howard III and Lady Karissa named their daughter, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann Howard and she would succeed her father to the Dukedom of Sussex Territory and Lady Karissa Ann would succeed her mother as Duchess of Norfolk Territory.

Lord David William Beck finally retired in 2300 at the age of 60 years old with his wife, Lady Katherine and their daughter, Lady Edwina and with their son, Lord David William Beck II and Lady Samhain and their son, Lord David William Beck II born in 2300.

Lord David William Beck was replaced by Lt. Commander Katheryn Grayson and she was well received on Star-Base 12.

Lord David William Beck passed away in 2325 at the age of 70 years old and his son, Lord David William Beck II succeeded the Earldom of Essex Territory, but it was Lady Patricia Eugenie Howard that succeeded her mother to the Dukedom of Clarence Territory.

Lord David William Beck is laid to rest next to his maternal mother, grandfather, in the Howard Mausoleum out at Norfolk Estate.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Lord David William Beck II, Lord Richard Edward III, Lord Anthony, are his pallbearers at his funeral and they carry his casket to be laid to rest next his maternal grandfather ,mother, at Norfolk Estate.

Lady Samhain walks beside her sister, Lady Elizabeth, Lady Karissa, Lady Katherine, Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann, Lord Richard William Carey, Lady Caroline Matilda, Lord Kevin Thomas Riley II, Lord Albert Edward, Lord Benjamin Lawrence Carey, Lady Sophia Dorothea, Lady Victoria Elizabeth, and the rest of her family to pay their final respects to a much loved family member.

It is Lady Karissa with Lt Kevin Thomas Riley that walk together and place a reef of white roses next to the vault and they embrace each other as they remember him well.