The Year of 2270

It is 118 years later after World War Three that devastated Planet Earth and the world is still trying to recover from the side effects of radiation poisoning caused by the nuclear weapons that killed over 60 million innocent lives.

Much progress has been made with the various therapies but unfortunately it doesn't work on everyone that is given it.

Even though Planet Earth is trying to recover there is still lawlessness, starvation, pestilence, and power struggles not to mention famine that is widespread.

One family in the United States named The Lowells are a family of five children as the Lowells have lost their eldest son in 2267.

Benjamin Lowell and his wife, Matte Colleen have been married since 2243 with their eldest son being born in 2244, a second son in 2249, and three daughters being born in 2252, 2255 and 2256 and finally a third son was born to them in 2265.

Despite the hardships that plague Post World War Three Benjamin Lowell makes a name for himself when he becomes an attorney in 2252.

Benjamin Lowell moves his family to the State of Maryland that is named in honor of Queen Henrietta Maria of France and the wife and Queen of King Charles I of England and the mother of two kings of England, King Charles II and King James II of England and herself being the daughter of King Henri IV of France and Maria De Medici and the sister of King Louis XIII of France.

Benjamin Lawrence and his wife, Matte Colleen come from British, French, Irish and Scots ancestry with Native American Cherokee Ancestry.

Both of them being born in the Southern United States in the 2220's and marrying in May of 2243 with only the consent of her father and the marriage didn't receive the blessing of her mother who was a staunch Southern Baptist.

Benjamin Lawrence came from a Southern Methodist family, but he knew how to think for himself.

Benjamin Lawrence agrees to raise his children in the Southern Baptist Church until the Pastor of the church tries to interfere with his marriage and he pulls his children out of the Baptist church.

He establishes his family into the United Methodist Church to give his children a basic Christian education but his wife doesn't agree.

At least the United Methodist Church doesn't try to interfere with his marriage and how to raise his children.

None of his children embrace either the Southern Baptist or United Methodist Church doctrines and one son becomes a Christain Roman Catholic, one doesn't like religion at all, and the rest go from one Christian denomination to another to find their way through the Christian maze of baloney.

No one in the 2270 realizes the long term side effects to radiation poisoning until it manifests first in Matte Colleen and she comes down with cancer and she dies in October of 2270.

One by one Benjamin Lowell loses his family to the long term side effects of radiation poisoning, all except Karissa Elizabeth Ann who escapes from it.

The United Federation of Planets places Karissa with family but after two months they can no longer take care of her because food is being rationed through coupons and they enlist her in the United Federation of Planet relocation program for war orphans.

December of 2270, The Lewis drive her to San Francisco where the United Federation of Planets is located and Karissa is only 15 years old when she boards the USS Republic commanded by Captain Katheryn Jane way.

Waiting in the waiting room are 499 other war orphans waiting to board the USS Republic and some are crying, some are silent, and some have nothing to say, but they all have one thing in common they are unfortunate victims of Post World War III.