How Could I Ever Know Taken from The Broadway Musical "The Secret Garden"

How could I know I would have to leave you?

How could I know I would hurt you so?

You were the one I was born

To love

Oh, how could I ever know?

How could I ever know?

How can I say to go without me?

How, when I know you still need me so?

How can I say not to dream about me?

How could I ever know?

Forgive me, can you forgive me?

And hold me in your heart?

And find some new way to love me

Now that we're apart?

How could I know I would never hold you?

Never again in this world?

But, oh

Sure, as you breathe

I am there inside you

Ho-o-o-ow

Could I ever know?

How could I ever know?

The Year is 2230, and Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory and Lady Karissa have been happily married for 30 years and they shared two wonderful children together, Lady Caroline Matilda and Lord Benjamin Lawrence.

Lady Caroline Matilda is 48 years old, and Lord Benjamin Lawrence is 41 years old in 2330, and Lord Richard William Carey and Lady Caroline Matilda just celebrated their birthdays along with Lord Anthony Christopher who just turned 50 years old.

Lady Karissa just celebrated her 75th birthday and the month before, Lady Karissa tells Lady Elizabeth on her 55th birthday and on Lady Karissa's birthday that she feels her time is short and that she has planned out where all her family will rest together out in the New Howard-Carey Mausoleum and the Duke or Duchess will hold the key.

"Lady Elizabeth. A long time ago I had the new Howard-Carey Mausoleum erected for our final resting place together and I want your father to lay on the left side of me and Lord Richard William Carey on the right side of me and I will lie between them." Lady Karissa tells her.

"I want to be laid out in my Victoria Black dress." Lady Karissa tells her " Don't cry when I pass away. I have lived for almost 75 years old or a little over, and I have your great-great-great-grandfather's children, so his dynasty is very secure as Lord Philip Carey/s dynasty is secure." 

"All of my oldest children have been very blessed to have their fathers lived, however, I am very worried about my dearest Lady Karissa Elizabeth Ann, as her father died when she was only ten years old." Lady Karissa tells Lady Elizabeth.

Lady Elizabeth looks at her mother " Mom. You still have plenty good years ahead of you." 

"Lady Elizabeth. I came to Star Base 12 when I wasn't even 19 years old yet, and I had you when I wasn't even 20 years old." Lady Karissa tells her " All I wanted was one daughter and that was you my dearest Lady Elizabeth, but your father insisted on marrying me."  Lady Karissa tells her.

"Our marriage was one of conveniences and necessity, and I have tried to love your father during the time I was married to him. I promised him five children and five children he received." Lady Karissa states.