(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) the lovers that went wrong

song for this chapter
Youth - Daughter

song for this chapter Youth - Daughter

✧✧✧

THE 70'S WEREN'T A GREAT TIME. Este loved the music and the fashion, the colours and the attitude but there was too much horror filling the world to sit back and enjoy the ambiance. Of course this made it easy for the coven to find victims but Este didn't even feel very motivated by this anymore.

For a while she'd been back in a slump, under the impression that they were doing no good. She would've loved to say that the real brilliance of killing off all the terrible people was to make the world a better place but in reality it was about blood. It was always about blood.

Nova liked to act as though she was very righteous and didn't need the blood of these humans to keep going but it was all bullshit. Now that Este had started living off the blood of humans it was hard to believe she could ever go back. This was the same situation with the others.

Another more personal problem with the seventies was that they'd been under closer speculation. Not as vampires but as murderers. They'd mainly been staying in the north-west of America. The colder states were better, seeing the sun was a rarity and of course when the world did become illuminated in gold, they were forced to stay inside.

Due to their lack of moving around, police detectives thought they had a serial killer on their hands. Bodies found in dark alleys drained of blood, always some connection to a wrongful life. They'd be idiotic to not connect the dots.

This forced the coven to move around more than they would like to. It was pissing Quinn off more than the others. Previously he'd been the one determined to travel, see the world and fuck girls from every country but he was getting tired. They all were, wondering what they were even doing this for.

Laurent and Nova forced them to keep a low profile which meant that Quinn couldn't flirt with whoever he wanted and Estella couldn't disappear off for a few days like she always did. Of course she was only walking, no one every payed any attention to her but Nova was getting worried and in the end, Nova was the one they had to listen to.

Nova seemed stricken in fear over the idea of them being found out. This was mainly because of the Volturi. Este couldn't remember the first time she heard about the Italian royal vampires but their name had littered her life ever since. However, they weren't a great importance to her in the seventies, their influence came a couple of decades later.

In 1976, they settled back in Washington. Este thought it was good to be home. Of course it wasn't her old town nor even close but she saw places she knew, sign posts and names she recognised. It made her feel as though her past life hadn't just been a dream. Sometimes that was hard to keep in mind.