(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) i want you

song for this chapter
i want you - mitski

song for this chapter i want you - mitski

✧✧✧

ESTELLA WASN'T THINKING, that's how it had happened. She was pacing down an empty street, the moonlight reflecting off the ground dampened by the rain. She had guessed that there was no one around for miles. In the distance she could hear the cheers of parties.

Fireworks kept exploding into the sky, beautiful glittering worlds of gold, green and red. They'd illuminate the sky for a moment, drawing attention to the curves and crevices of the clouds before the sky darkened again. The only light left was the moon.

Este was dragging her feet, boots becoming caked in the mood at the side of the road. She ran her hand through the tall grass, swaying from side to side. She felt as though she were drunk. Of course this was impossible, vampires could not become intoxicated. Yet she was poisoned by the idea of love.

Alice's words had captured her in a whirlwind, making it all ten times worse. Now she felt as though leaving was the wrong thing to do even if deep down she knew it was for good reason. She pulled the leather jacket tighter around her, stumbling onto the road.

That's when she saw the bright glare of two white hot headlines blaring towards her. Este didn't have time to react, if not for her minds tendency to drown out the world she definitely would have heard it coming. Whoever was driving the ridiculously loud truck had smacked their hand onto the horn, pressed onto the brakes.

Este darted to the side, feeling her shoulder hit off the front of the bumper. She left a dint in the metal, clasping her hands over her ears at the horrid sound the truck was making. Whatever cargo it had been pulling smacked into the trees. Thee was a snapping sound. Swearing and skidding tyres that sounded like nails on a chalkboard.

Slipping from the mud on her shoe, Este fell to the side. She immediately felt uncomfortable, her jeans darkening from the rain stained road. How come things kept getting worse. She'd really messed up now, nearly caused a truck to crash.

Two figures had jumped out of the truck and were now running towards her. Shouting but not out of anger, instead concern.

"Jesus Christ you came out of nowhere!" One yelled.

"Are you ok, Mark check she's ok!"

One male one female. The male was short and stocky with dark hair and a weirdly pointy beard. He had green eyes and two gold teeth. His arms and neck were full of coloured tattoos. One was a heart with the name Nicky written, she wondered if that was the name of the woman.

Maybe Nicky had blonde hair, one side was shaved and the ends were coloured purple. She had a kind face with a few piercings and a similar amount of tattoos as Mark had. Hers seemed more cohesive. Este couldn't find one that said Mark.