(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧) before the moment's gone

song for this chapter
no1 party anthem - arctic monkeys

song for this chapter no1 party anthem - arctic monkeys

✧✧✧

ESTELLA HADN'T BROUGHT much to Colorado. She had one bag which she'd now stuffed full. Staring at it as though hoping that packing would've taken longer. Somehow she still didn't want to leave. Everything had been sorted now, she'd smoothed things over with Carlisle and finally admitted to herself that she didn't want revenge on him. Of course she was bitter over how well he'd done for himslef but she was glad he'd changed, that in the end she'd been right believing he was a good person.

Este had just thrown her bag over her shoulder when there was a knock on the door. She stood there for a moment perplexed. She'd paid for the whole day in this room meaning they shouldn't be coming to kick her out just yet. However she couldn't smell a human, her eyes were too dark now to mistake the scent of blood.

She put her bag cautiously down on the bed. Her first thought was her coven. Maybe they were coming to kill her, Nova finally letting her anger get the better of her. Maybe Quinn was coming to ask for her to come back, Nova being too stubborn to ask herself. Maybe Laurent had left the coven too and now wanted someone to go exploring with. She'd like that.

Este half hoped that Carlisle had come to find her. She had no idea why he would do this and she knew she wouldn't accept any invitation to stay. Being around Carlisle had made her feel like her old self again, she'd almost forgotten how terrible and empty she felt, forgotten the darkness she'd battled through. It'd been nice, calm. But she couldn't talk to him anymore, what more was there to say?

Whoever it was, knocked again. Este considered jumping out of the window and legging it before she decided she was being stupid. She strolled to the door and pulled it open.

Alice Cullen was stood there smiling at her. Este was completely taken aback, she hadn't decided who she'd expected to be there but it definitely wasn't Alice. The girl was dressed in a long purple skirt and a black t shirt, her hair just as spiky as the last time Este had seen her. Her neck was adorned with gorgeous crystals that mirrored the ones on her wrists.

"Alice, right?" Este frowned, "can I help you?"

"I'm hoping so" Alice smiled brightly as she walked into the hotel room. Her voice was dainty, almost angelic. It was hard to believe she was real. Although Este thought this way about most vampires.

"Come in" Este murmured sarcastically as she shut the door behind her and turned to look at Alice.

Alice was staring around the room almost judgementally. Her eyes taking in the sheets that Este had pulled off the bed and the bad choices of paintings that sat on one wall.