(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞) my little dark age

song for this chapter
Little dark age - MGMT

song for this chapter Little dark age - MGMT

✧✧✧

ESTE FELT SHE KNEW EVERYTHING THERE WAS to know about the Volturi despite never meeting them. They were the closest thing that their world had to royalty and had been around longer than anyone could tell.

The Volturi were in charge of one very important thing, keeping the secret. They would take out vampires who drew too much attention to themselves whether that mean going on a killing spree, talking boastfully about their eternal life or even just showing their skin in the sun.

They would never let the exposure get too far, they always had a handle on things as though they had eyes and ears everywhere. Given their power, they probably did.

Estella didn't fear them. The coven were very good at staying under the radar. They moved around when they needed to, darting from place to place to find more terrible people to take out. Quinn was really the only one of them who communed outside of the vampire race and he never left a trail behind him.

However despite not fearing them, she did admire them. How could she not when the three people she kept company with idolised them.

Estella had only heard so much about the Volturi because of the coven. Nova was the worst, she looked up to them, worshipped them almost. Estella found it strange considering her kind nature and general disregard for rules that she could get so soppy and desperate when it came to the opinions of three very old, rather boring vampires.

Laurent merely admired their elegance, grandeur and style. They lived in Italy (Volterra of course), somewhere deep underground in a grand castle of sorts. Everything they did was carefully planned, the way they hunted and the people they kept by their thrones. Laurent believed them very stylish, although he'd never met them.

In fact, Quinn was the only one of the three who had ever met the Volturi. Nova was very jealous of this and Quinn spent as much time as he could talking about the singular meeting simply so he could rinse some conversation out of her.

Quinn had only met the Volturi because of a close friend of his (Dimitri). Dimitri had a special ability that allowed him to track anyone wherever they'd hide, whatever identity they sought out. Nothing would be good enough, Dimitri would find them in the end.

The Volturi relished in the idea of having a gift such as this on their side. It gave them even more influence over the vampire world and ensuring it's secrecy. Quinn hadn't been as fortunate in receiving a place with the Volturi. Estella guessed he resented this fact, she could hear it in his tone.

Nevertheless, Quinn thought very highly of the Volturi and would do anything to impress them.

Estella wasn't as convinced that this group of elder vampires were the key to everything in their life but she followed along with their words regardless, soaking up all the details and trying to paint a picture of their splendour in her mind.