(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭) our caves collapsing

song for this chapter
the gold - phoebe bridges

song for this chapter the gold - phoebe bridges

✧✧✧

ESTE STRODE INTO THE RECEPTION of Aspen Valley hospital, ignoring the people around her as she strode right to the receptionist desk. She recognised the brunette sat behind the desk, purple glasses and a bored expression. She was typing fast on the computer, the noise made Este's blood boil.

"Julie, right?" Este smiled in fake niceness. The woman looked up in surprise. Her expression turned to confusion before dawning in realisation and twisting into worry.

"Remember me?" Este smiled threateningly, "I had a break down here on New Years, scared of hospitals. Glad we could catch up... if you don't want me to have a little repeat of the scenario and start screaming and crying in all sorts of drama, I need you to tell me exactly where Carlisle Cullen is in this hospital before I storm the entire place and find him myself, capeesh?"

Julie blinked at her for a second, assessing her options before she turned slowly to the computer and started clicking screens with her mouse. Este had her elbows leant against the desk in front of her, foot tapping impatiently.

"I don't get paid enough for this" Julie murmured.

"Well if you go and bat your eyelashes at Doctor Cullen I'm sure he'll help you out, he just loves throwing money at problems" Este smiled another sarcastic smile. She could kill him, how could he do this?

"Second floor fifth wing" Julie muttered, "if I hear any commotion security is coming for you and you won't step foot in here again"

"Brilliant!" Este waved at her, "it was lovely seeing you Julie"

She took the stairs rather than the lift, the idea of standing in the enclosed space for even a few seconds made her frustrations grow. Este was growing impatient, her mind swarming with possibilities. She hadn't even thought about being in a hospital and she tried not to let that cross her mind as she started to pace up the next flight of stairs.

People passed her ask she walked, doctors looking professional and patients having nervous conversations. None of them paid any attention to Este and she gave them the same respect.

Pushing open the doors onto floor two she looked around for a sign that would point her in the right direction. There was one hanging right above the door. Ward five had a green arrow painted next to it which pointed left. Este smiled at this before she turned and strode into another corridor. It took a left and a right to get to ward five and she took a deep breath before storming in.

Este shoved open the double doors with force, they hit against the wall with a clatter as she strode angrily into the room. Many doctors turned around but he was way too absorbed in his work to notice. He stood at the end of the room, giving someone stitches by the looks of it. A curtain was half pulled around him. Este hadn't seen him at work before. He looked more professional than the other doctors in a shirt, tie and long white coat.