(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲) you think it's all over

song for this chapter
young - vacations

song for this chapter young - vacations

✧✧✧

ESTE AND CARLISLE WERE ALONE in the living room sat before the piano with music propped up in front of them. They were playing music in an attempt to ignore hearing whatever Rosalie and Emmett were doing upstairs. Este lay her hand gently over Carlisle's as she guided him through the notes.

Over the years it seemed he'd forgotten how to play like he once hand but Este had been weirdly happy about this. It meant she could teach him and she was finding that she really loved teaching. Este would talk through the different shapes over the music, explaining pitch and pace along with the fluidity of movements.

Carlisle was enjoying himself but she guessed this was mainly because it allowed them to spend this time together. Sometimes she had told tell him to look at the piano rather than at her as she felt his stare on the side of her face. Este would laugh at this, sometimes turning his head around by gently pushing his chin.

They played for at least an hour, it gave her an opportunity to play in front of him. He seemed amazed to see her do something she loved. Este had been playing a lot more recently considering that Edward had been so generous about it. Carlisle watched her hands glide over the keys and the concentration in her eyes. It was a perfect moment, they were both beautifully content.

"I love you" Carlisle murmured as she finished another song. Estella laughed turning to look at him.

"I love you too" she smiled.

"Since I'm sitting here learning piano" Carlisle began slowly, "does that mean you're going to play me in chess"

"Not yet" Estella rolled her eyes dramatically, "I told you, not until I can beat you"

"You'll never beat me" Carlisle whispered as he pressed her lips gently to the side of her neck, "it would be fun to try"

"Fun for you maybe" Estelle smiled, "personally I like winning"

"I'd let you win" Carlisle rested his chin on her shoulder and stared up at her hopefully. Este grinned, eyes full of laughter and she pushed his forehead gently back away from her.

"No you won't" she shook her head, "you will play to the best of your ability so that I can feel proud about beating you"

"Didn't think you were so competitive" Carlisle sighed, tilting his head to the side, "though I'm not complaining"

"Course you aren't" Este muttered, staring back at him. Carlisle grinned, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her on top of him again. Estella laughed, so much for learning piano, he traced his hands under her skirt, over the skin of her back as she placed her hands on the side of her face to kiss him. Carlisle couldn't stop the smile from spreading over his face.