(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫) we'll be alright

song for this chapter
fine line - harry styles

song for this chapter fine line - harry styles

✧✧✧

IN THE MORNING, the flakes of fallen snow had collected over the ground to create an entirely new world out of the Cullen's living room window. At first Alice had been stressed, she hadn't planned for the snow to lie. However as the Cullens stepped out of the front door of the house and saw the twirling sparkles of snow dancing towards the ground, all they could do was appreciate the beauty.

Este wasn't allowed to see Carlisle anymore. Alice had whisked her away to a separate part of the house determined that they needed at least three hours to get ready. Este didn't complain, it was hard to miss being apart from him for a few hours with the prospect of eternity looming over their heads.

Rosalie styled her hair perfectly around her shoulders in light curls that complimented the shade of mahogany. Alice danced around with music playing in the room applying makeup from a soft blush to a subtle highlight. Este just let them work, talking to stop herself from feeling the flutters of early anxiety. She knew that everything would be perfect yet there was always something hiding within her mind waiting to strike.

She toyed with the engagement ring on her finger, the diamonds glinting in the light. Alice placed earrings in her ear. The colour of the gems were a light sage, matching another couple of rings on her fingers. She pushed her hair back from her shoulders, letting the pale green shine alongside her beauty. Este smiled, she felt almost ethereal. Vampire genes certainly worked well into making people ascend natural beauty but now she really felt it.

"It needs a necklace" Rosalie pointed out as they stared at Estella in the vanity mirror.

"I know" Alice smiled as she walked and opened a small box on a shelf towards the left of the bedroom, "I didn't know how you'd feel about this, you can say no"

"Not my style?" Este asked with a smirk, "anything you pick is perfect Alice"

"It's not that" Alice sighed as she walked back over. Este frowned as Alice pondered the decision. She seemed to see what Este's reaction would be and smiled to herself. Este watched carefully as Alice stretched a necklace over her collarbones. The light metal etched over her skin and for a moment Este was confused until her eyes focused on the small star sat perfectly on her chest.

"You got it back" Este gasped as he moved her fingers to the metal, "I thought... after the fight"

Este couldn't believe she was seeing it again. The necklace connected every single aspect of her life. Even when she hated Carlisle, even when she wanted him dead she never let it go. Maybe somewhere deep in her subconscious she knew she was still in love with him, that she would always be in love with him. The small star meant so much to her. As Carlisle had pointed out when she'd lost it, the necklace was simply that. Just a necklace. However over the years, it had become so much more to her. Now Este knew, she would never let it go.