(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨) think of me always

song for this chapter
good old fashioned lover boy - queen

song for this chapter good old fashioned lover boy - queen

✧✧✧

THE NEXT TWO MONTHS WERE THE best months of Estella's life so far. She couldn't remember ever being so happy. For most of her life, Este had dreamed of having a family and now she was blessed with the best family she could possibly imagine after years of thinking that her hopes had become an impossibility.

The Cullens were just as happy as Este was. She'd become part of the family in the few months that she'd been here. Este hadn't realised the impact that she'd had on them all until Edward had spelled it out to her. Somehow Este could never have imagined herself being a part of something so beautiful. Not until now of course.

Since returning in September, Este had been making the most of every moment. When Carlisle wasn't at work they were doing something together whether that included the family or whether they found things to do on their own. Other than that she'd spend time with the Cullens.

When they were at school Este would spend her time learning new chess techniques to play against Jasper, reading up on football so she could try and understand what Emmett was talking about, she watched five seasons of a ridiculous sit com so Rosalie could have someone to talk to, read a dozen fashion magazines and found the best ones to discuss with Alice and she practiced trying to write her own music so that Edward would have something new to play.

The Cullens appreciated everything Este did, they loved spending time with her nearly as much as Carlisle did. Este didn't feel as though she'd forced her way into their lives. It was as though they'd been waiting for her. She filled the empty spaces of the house, brightened up that shadows. They felt more like a family than ever.

Este had shaken off the guilt of hurting them when she realised it was free from all their minds. She still wished that she'd told them the truth from the start. That she hadn't lost six months from their lives. Although as Carlisle kept telling her, forever didn't look down on six months.

By November, Este was looking forward to Christmas. She didn't usually celebrate the holiday but the Cullens did. As well as that, all the Cullens would be off from school which meant she could spend more time with them. Somehow every weekend, evening and night didn't seem enough. There was something about having people around her, people who loved her and cared for her which was unbeatable.

It had been a Saturday when they were all sitting around the living room which their overlapping lives. Rosalie was watching the football with Emmett as he explained it to her. Rosalie loved sports but she'd never gotten behind football, yet she'd listen for Emmett. Alice was sketching some designs with magazines lain around her. Edward was playing the piano, looking over some of the songs that Este had been writing, Carlisle was say reading a book on modern medicine even though he probably knew everything about it.