7

Your P.O.V.

Ever since Kazuha told me about the sudden news, I could only stare off into space and think about it.

"I'll be departing in the airport tonight. Can you come see me off?"

The ride home with her was quiet. But just before we can part ways, she asked me to bid her goodbye at the airport tonight.

"Mommy, daddy, I'll be going now." I told them.

"Are you sure you don't want us to take you there?" my mother asked.

"Do you have a ride home? I can drive you--" before my father can finish his statement, the doorbell rang.

"Kazuha came to fetch me already. And she said her driver would be taking me home safely." I assured them.

"Call us when you get there, okay?" daddy told me, taking me to the front door.

We both saw Kazuha, standing there with a coat embracing her slim body.

"Good evening, Mr. Shim." she bowed and greeted.

"We're entrusting our Y/n to you, okay? And have a safe flight." he said.

"I'll make sure Y/n gets home safe and sound." she replied with a sweet smile.

As their conversation finished, she looked at me with her hand reached out.

"Let's go?" she asked.

I gently took her hand with a smile, feeling somewhat bittersweet that it's the first time we're going somewhere at night yet at the same time we're saying goodbye.

At first, the ride was silent. Her hand was still holding mine, but I didn't really mind because I know that I'll be missing this.

"You really don't know when you'll come back?" I asked her.

We were both staring out the window, until I spoke and saw from the corner of my eye how she faced me.

"I want to tell you that it'll be quick. But I don't want to make empty promises." sadness was evident in her tone.

"It's okay." I then turned my head to look at her.

I let out a reassuring smile, squeezing her hand lightly for comfort. It was dark due to our surroundings. But by the moonlight from the window, I can see her eyes soften while looking at me.

"I don't want to leave you." she whispered, her voice almost faltering at those words.

She rested her head back and leaned closer to me. I know that we had some bad moments lately, but it's really hard to let her go so suddenly.

"We can still call and text each other. So don't worry too much about leaving me." I stated.

Instead of replying, her smile only grew wider as she finally closed the gap between us and snuggled her head on the crook of my neck.

For the rest of the ride, we stayed like this. Hands intertwined, her head rested on my shoulder as we listened to the radio of the car.

"Well, here we are." she exhaled deeply as soon as her luggages were out of the car.

"I should check in soon." she muttered, looking down at the ground.

I can't even say anything. Mixed emotions were swirling up inside of me so all I could do was wrap my arms around her.

"Y/n..." her voice wavered, then she returned the hug and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you so much." she sniffed.