20

Your P.O.V.

"You can stay at my house, you know. My parents aren't around and I kind of live alone." Kazuha told me while we were on our way home.

"It's okay. I think this investigation won't last long anyways." I sighed.

I was trying to think positive that they would somehow catch the culprit, but I don't think they will. It's not like they were left with something to find anyway.

Once we've arrived at the house, curiosity dawned upon me as I watched the officers pack up their things and remove the barriers around.

"What's happening?" I muttered to myself as I quickly stepped down the car, walking up to one of the officers.

"Excuse me? What happened?" I asked.

"Kid, someone went to the station earlier and confessed what he did." he replied.

'He'?

"Who is it? Is it really him?" I questioned, anger starting to build up inside me.

"There's no evidence that can prove it's really him. But we're on our way to the station now--"

"I want to see him." I insisted.

"See who?" I turned around and saw Kazuha who just walked up beside me.

"They found the killer." I said.

Her eyebrows met as she looked at the officer. Then she turned back to me, her expression unreadable.

"I'll take you there." she offered.

We did not waste a second in following them to the police station. I felt nervous but at the same time, it felt infuriating. I was finally going to meet the jerk who murdered my parents.

As soon as we arrived at the station, I immediately saw a hooded guy seated in front of a police officer with his back facing me. There were no other civilians here, so assuming that it was him, I did not hesitate to run up to where he was and harshly pulled him to face me.

"Are you the man who killed my parents?" I gritted.

Some officers stood up and tried to calm me down, I can hear Kazuha's voice trying to catch my attention but it was all in vain. All I could see was him and how I wanted to punch his face so bad that I could feel the throbbing in my chest.

"Answer me!" I shouted and gripped his clothes making him face me, but he kept his face away.

"Y/n, don't do this." Kazuha snatched my hands and pulled me away.

"Let go of me." I grumbled and tried to free myself, but she was stronger.

"Calm down. You're going to get yourself in danger." she murmured.

I looked at her straight in the eyes, my frustration rising to the top as she kept her calm. It wasn't fair, she didn't know how it felt to be in my place. How it felt to be hopeless and angry at the same time.

"I said let. me. go." I muttered, not giving a single care about anything else right now.

Her hands softened slowly, and as soon as she removed her grip I went and gave the guy a punch through his cheek.

"You demon." I spat as I raised my fist in the air to punch him again, but the policemen pulled him away and went in between us.

"Kid, he will be punished alright." he stated.

"He deserves what he did to my parents." I groaned.

"Don't worry, he will rot in jail. There's still a process we need to adhere to." he calmly added.