25

Your P.O.V.

"Y/n." Chaewon spoke.

When I heard her say my name, I felt my body weaken and my eyes water. I smiled widely as I silently thanked the Gods that she finally woke up.

"Good morning, Chaewon." I greeted her.

Her smile reached her eyes while she giggled softly. All that time of waiting and stressing out was worth it for her.

"If I only knew Y/n was the one to wake you up like this, I should've brought her a long time ago." Yunjin sighed of relief before walking up to the other side of the bed.

"Yunjin, it's good to see you too." Chaewon beamed.

"As you should. Anyway, are you thirsty? Let me grab some water and tell the doctor that you're already awake." Yunjin patted Chaewon's shoulder before walking out.

Once we were both left alone, she looked back at me again. The smile wasn't leaving her face, and neither did mine.

"I'm sorry I could only visit now." I apologized.

"It's your first time visiting? How long was I out?" she gasped.

"I, uh, I'm not sure. I haven't been able to keep track of time since I've been rather... busy." I shrugged.

"It's okay. You're here now." she replied.

I held back the urge to embrace her tightly and just sat here. Her body might still be recovering and I don't want to give her more pain.

"How have you been? Has Kazuha been treating you well?" she asked.

The smile quickly dropped off my lips when I heard her question. I guess I can't really avoid hearing her name in every conversation now, can I?

"She treated me well at first. And I was at least grateful that she gave me comfort when I needed it the most." I answered.

I wish I could tell her the part where I grieved for my parents too. But there's always a next time. For now, we should be happy that she's awake and fine.

"But let's forget about her. How about you? Do you, uh, need anything right now? You're probably hungry." I asked her.

I stood up and was supposed to look for something to eat, but she held my hand tighter and pulled me a little.

"Don't go. Just... stay here for now." she pleaded.

When I felt the bright light from the window, I figured that it was already time for most people to be up. And it reminded me that Kazuha would be waking up without my presence.

I started worrying that she would find me wherever I am. She probably knows that I would go here, or maybe she already told her men that I was gone. Or what if she--

"Y/n, what's the matter?" Chaewon spoke, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing." I forced out a smile.

"Are those bags yours?" she questioned and looked at my things that I dropped earlier.

There's no point in denying it now. My original plan was to leave this place with Chaewon, but seeing that her body is still weak it's almost impossible.

"Chaewon, remember when you told me that you wanted to take me far away?" I reminded her, which she responded with a nod.

"Was it because of Kazuha?" I questioned.

If Yujin knew about the truth, it was because they were friends before. But as for Chaewon, how would she know?

"Yes. I wanted to take you away from her." she admitted.