26

Your P.O.V.

What the hell am I even doing back here?

For all I know, Kazuha might be here lurking around Garam's house and she might just show up like what happened a lot of times before.

"Here goes nothing." I muttered to myself before knocking on the door.

I had already begun my escape plan, and I know that going back here to meet with Garam was a dumb thing to do. But she's still my friend, and there's this thing called "benefit of the doubt".

"Y/n, come in." Garam ushered me in and closed the door behind her.

"I know the last time you've been here was a mess, but feel comfortable. My parents aren't around and it's just the two of us." she assured me.

I looked around and made sure there really was no one else here. Who knows, she might be on to something with Kazuha.

"If you really doubt me, we can just go to my room. That way you can relax." she chuckled.

I just nodded my head and followed her inside the room. I didn't know what we were going to talk about, but I hope everything that I'm going to hear from her will be nothing but the truth.

"First of all, I apologize for what happened last time. But I assure you I really did not--"

"Are we going to talk about those letters again? Because if we are, then just forget it. It doesn't matter now anyways." I cut her off.

"No, not that. I just wanted to clarify things first." she sighed.

"It's okay Garam, it's not your fault." I told her.

Whether she did it or not, at the end of the day it was still Kazuha who was at the bottom of it all.

"But what is it that you really wanted to talk about today?" I asked.

For a while, she just looked down and averted her eyes somewhere else. I didn't know if she was contemplating whether to say it or if she was still trying to find the right words to say.

"Kazuha is leaving the country again." she stated.

I just sat there, blinking my eyes and staring at her while analyzing the piece of information I had just heard. Maybe I stayed like that for too long, but I don't care.

"Are you baiting me right now?" I questioned after a long period of silence.

"Baiting? What do you-- she told me that herself. I'm just relaying it to you--"

"So she wants you to tell me that she's leaving?" I interrupted.

"No, she did not tell me to do that. I just think you should know... If, uhm, you still didn't know that." she uttered and scratched her nape.

"No. I did not know that." I blankly said.

I seriously have no idea if she's telling the truth or not. It can be true since she does have a family living abroad, but it might also be false considering that Kazuha is aware of my plans.

"Well, aren't you supposed to bid her goodbye?" Garam asked.

"There's no need. From now on, me and Kazuha don't talk to each other." I told her.

"Why? Did something happen between you two?" she asked again.

"Garam, don't pretend that you don't know anything. You know how Kazuha is, and you know what's been happening between the two of us. I don't even know if I can trust you by being here right now--"