15

Your P.O.V.

I quickly ended the call after hearing which hospital they were at. But just after taking a step, a hand held me back.

"Where are you going?" Kazuha asked.

"Oh, I was just supposed to-- are you done with all those activities?" I replied.

"Not yet, but I went out for a bathroom break. Are you gonna go there too?" she then smiled and put her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

I tapped my feet repeatedly on the floor and scratched my nape, feeling worried that each second I waste will be each second that I should've used to run to Chaewon.

"Actually... There's an emergency. And I really need to go now." I explained.

"Emergency? Is it about your parents?" she worriedly asked.

I wanna say yes, since only then can she let me go. But I also don't want to lie to her, or maybe I would jinx it.

"N-no... It's a friend--"

"Who is it? Is it really an emergency?" she interrupted in a serious tone.

I'm getting more impatient the more that she asked unnecessary questions. What if Chaewon's life was in danger?

"Kazuha, I really need to go now. I was contacted on speed dial and if I don't rush there by now Chaewon might--"

"Chaewon?" she muttered.

I mentally slapped myself and tried to maintain a straight face.

"Look, now's the perfect time to let your personal stuff away. It really is an emergency. They're at the hospital and--"

"You're not going anywhere. She doesn't need you." she blankly said.

"She had me on her speed dial! Kazuha, please let me go this once." I begged.

"No. You're staying here with me." she immediately denied and took my hand to go to the bathroom with her.

I tried to pull my arm away, but she was too strong.

"Why won't you let me go?" I irritatingly questioned.

She remained quiet and kept on walking ahead which annoyed me more.

"You can't keep making decisions for me! You know what, I'm starting to think that you like me or something." I scoffed.

I stopped talking when she halted, turning to face me with a deadpan face and her hand still holding mine.

"What? Don't tell me you actually have feelings for me." I sarcastically chuckled.

It was when she didn't speak a word and just stared at me, that I slowly started to sink everything in.

Oh.

"Are you--"

"You're right. I like you. I have feelings for you, more than a friend would." she confessed.

My mouth flung open as I heard those words. At first I was just joking, but I don't think she's kidding right now.

Then she took a few steps closer, her eyes staying on mine and her warmth creeping through me.

"Why? You have a problem with that?" she whispered.

This honestly shocked me more than Chaewon's confession earlier. I didn't want to admit it, but I was starting to lose sense of what was happening.

"Go on, argue with me. Curse me with that pretty mouth of yours." she smirked.

When her gaze traveled down to my lips, I stood frozen. I didn't know what to do, and my mind was in shambles that I couldn't make out a single word to say.