12

Your P.O.V.

"You... look so beautiful."

I screamed at my pillow after replaying Chaewon's words in my head for the hundredth time.

"I wanted to ask if I could treat your bruise. But I was such a coward."

I waved my arms and legs around the bed like a kid throwing tantrums. This crazy beating in my heart was driving me crazy, and I couldn't sleep at all.

But that wasn't the sole reason why I couldn't take my mind off of what happened last night. All this time, I thought that Chaewon was the one who left me those letters.

The only plausible explanation that I have in mind is that this is all a prank. I mean, who would even write those things for me in the first place? It's not like I have an admirer or something.

I flinched when I heard a knock on my door, then before the door could open I quickly put my blanket over me and pretended I was asleep.

"Y/n? Are you asleep?" I heard my mother's groggy voice.

I stayed silent and waited for a few seconds.

"Huh, I thought I heard some noises here." she said before I heard the creaking of the door.

I peeked and made sure that the door was closed before removing my blanket and checking the time on my phone.

3:27 AM

Well, I didn't know I could stay awake for this long. Chaewon had been keeping my mind busy that I didn't even notice it was already this late.

Or should I say, early?

Anyway, since it's just a few hours away from breakfast I should just keep myself busy and try not to sleep. Not like I can even sleep at this state.

At that moment, I remembered Kazuha. I still feel kind of guilty that I had to avoid her again because I was scared.

But still, she's my best friend. She's far from me, I miss her, and no matter how much she scolds me for some random things I still care for her.

I calculated the time and figured that it was still 8 in the evening in their time, so she's probably eating dinner or taking a rest before sleeping.

I grabbed my phone and opened her contact, seeing the countless missed calls I had left. I took a deep breath, and typed in my message.

Hey, Kazuha. I'm sorry for avoiding you... again. If you're still awake and available, can we talk?

I'm still scared of her anger, to be honest. But this is the time for us to make up. And I'd probably ask her for advice, you know... about this thing...

In an instant, I heard my notification ring and opened my phone to see her reply.

Kazuha
Why are you still awake? Isn't it 3 in the morning there?

I sighed of relief after reading her text. She doesn't seem too angry anymore, so I smiled upon thinking that it's all in the past now.

I can't sleep. Have you eaten?

Instead of receiving a reply, my phone rang and Kazuha was calling me again. But this time, I answered it.

"Y/n! You--"

"Shh, don't be too loud. I'll get my earphones for a bit since everyone is still sleeping." I cut her off and went to grab my earphones.

After inserting it in my phone, I told her to speak already.