10

Your P.O.V.

After arriving home, I went up immediately to my room and laid down the bed. Aside from being mentally tired from thinking about Chaewon and what she was doing in front of my locker, I am physically exhausted and hurt because of her again.

It felt like my cheekbone was broken(nah it's just an exaggeration), but it hurt so much that whenever I touch it I would wince in pain.

I decided to just sleep for now, hoping that it would take my pain and worries away.

Not until I felt vibration from my pocket and heard my ringtone. I groaned and grabbed my phone with my lids half open. I barely read the caller's name so I answered it, assuming that it's my mother.

"Yes, mommy?" I mumbled.

I didn't hear anything from the other line, so I sighed and spoke again.

"Mommy? What is i--"

"That's a pretty nickname for me, Y/n."

My eyes went wide open after hearing that voice. And as soon as I clearly saw who was calling, my jaw dropped.

"K-kazuha... I'm sorry, I thought it was--"

"Oh, you thought it was Mrs. Shim? For a second here I thought you really called me 'mommy'." she giggled.

I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I could barely get words out of my mouth while I heard her laughing from the other line. Then the screen showed that she was requesting for a video call, so I accepted it.

"I wanted to see your face in embarrassment right now." she chuckled.

It felt good to see her face again. It had been a while since we last talked, more especially since I saw her. I don't know if it's because of the camera, but she looked more blooming.

"What? You're so embarrassed you can't speak now?" she teased.

"No... Well, kind of. But hey, it's been a while since we last saw each other. From the camera, of course." I said.

"I missed you... So much, Y/n." she spoke so sweetly like honey dripping in her voice.

"I miss you too. Oh, and how are you doi--"

"Wait. Let me see your face."

She cut me off with her eyebrows knitted together. I fixed the camera to show my face, just like she told me to. I even posed a peace sign and smiled, because I thought that maybe she wanted to take a screenshot or something.

But her expression was serious.

"Why is your face like that? Am I ugly in camera?" I pouted.

"What happened to you?"

"Wow, you really think I'm ugly?" I scoffed.

"Y/n, I'm not joking. Who gave you that bruise?"

The smile quickly fell off my lips when I realized what she meant. And as soon as it dawned up on me, I took the camera away from my cheek and only showed my forehead.

"Oh this? It's nothing. I was just playing with makeup earlier." I lied.

"Y/n. Who did that to you?"

Her tone stooped low and this obviously isn't the time for jokes. Just a second ago I was all happy about seeing and talking to her again, but now I feel scared that I might just want to end this call.

"No one, really. This is nothing to be worried about--"

"Tell me the truth or I'll go there and check myself."