19

Your P.O.V.

It was worse than I thought. There were police officers and inspectors in our house, so I couldn't really spend the night there despite my stubbornness. In the end, I had to sleep at our neighbor's.

"Sir, have you found anything important?" I asked the officer.

"We're trying our best kid. This crime scene is almost flawless. It's like they left no evidence at all." he sighed.

I couldn't even sleep last night. They gave me food and I appreciated their concern and care for me. But how can I sleep knowing that the person who killed my parents were alive and roaming this place.

"How is that possible sir? It just happened yesterday, there should at least be something--"

"We know what we're doing here. If there was one strand of hair or a single fingerprint we would've found it already." he replied.

I can't believe it--no, I refuse to believe it. There should be something. Anything that can tell us even a small bit of clue to who the murderer is.

"But how can there be nothing? My parents couldn't have been killed that easily. They're strong and smart-- they're kind people and whoever did this--"

"Kid I'm sorry but will you please step outside? You're not even allowed to be here."

Just like yesterday, I was down on my knees and crying again. I can't let their deaths be like this.

"You're in the way, step aside before I make you leave." he demanded.

I looked at the kitchen where blood stains were still on the floor and everything was a mess. I know there's something here.

"Please find the killer for me." I begged, kneeling down a bit lower to plead.

"I swear, if you don't move we really won't find anything!" he grumbled annoyingly and tried to push me away with his foot.

"Hey!" I looked up and saw Kazuha walking in and going straight up to me.

"Is this your friend? Will you take her out because she's getting on my nerves--"

"Please be understanding sir. She just lost the only family she had. You didn't have to kick her like a fucking dog." she gritted.

She then knelt down and wiped my tear-stained cheeks, giving me a small smile and holding my hand.

"Let's leave this place for a while, hm?" she softly said.

I nodded my head subtly while she held my shoulders to help me stand up. As soon as we walked out the house, I saw their car parked just beside the curb.

"Kazuha, I won't be going to school today." I told her.

"I know." she responded.

I looked at her and she did the same. There was something in her eyes, it was different from how she looked at me these past few days.

"You should go ahead. I'll be fine." I assured her.

I know she still has a lot of tasks and lessons to catch up to. And I don't want to hold her back.

"No. I'm taking you somewhere." she smiled.

She took a step and tried to pull me with her, but I kept my feet glued on the ground.

"Y/n." she called.

I may have lost both my parents, but it's like I came back to my senses in an instant. She's my best friend, but it doesn't erase all the suspicious things she's done before.