21

Your P.O.V.

A smile and a sigh of relief made its way to my lips as I looked at the huge hospital in front of me. I couldn't believe it myself, but I was finally seeing Chaewon after a long time.

I quickly went up to the front desk, trying to get the nurse's attention because she seemed busy typing something.

"Uhm, excuse me? Where is--"

"Hold on, sweetie. Let me finish this." she replied without sparing me a glance.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly, making sure I just heard that correctly.

"Yes ma'am." I politely answered.

While waiting for her, I saw from the corner of my eye a tall man who wore an all-black suit. I sensed that he was looking at me, so I slowly turned my head.

Shivers went through my spine when I saw his eyes staring intently at me, so I immediately looked away. Not to be a judgmental person, but the way he was looking at me was kind of creepy.

"Excuse me?" when I heard him clear his throat and speak, I took a second glance at him before turning away quickly.

"Are you Shim Y/n?" he asked.

I creased my forehead and felt my heart skip a beat as I gave him a suspicious look. First, he stands there and stares at me like I'm some kind of prey. And now, he knows my damn name?!

And no, I'm not wearing any name tag or ID.

"You've got the wrong person, sir." I lied and slowly moved farther away from him.

"No, I know you. You're Shim Y/n, Miss Nakamura's friend." he stated and pointed at me.

I felt my eye twitch as I gulped in nervousness. Who the hell is he? And how does he know about Kazu--

Oh.

Right. How could I forget?

"I have eyes everywhere, Y/n. Don't even think about it."

That was what she told me that night before I ran to Yujin. When she found out that I was going to visit Chaewon.

"No. I came from, uh, America. It's my first time here and I need to get my monthly check-up." I lied again.

Of course, as the terrible liar that I am, he didn't seem to believe it. He took a step closer and brought out his phone.

"What are you doing? I really am from America! You shouldn't take pictures of me without my consent!" this time, I tried my best with my accent and raised my voice higher so that someone could step in and help me.

I've already come so far, I cannot back out now. I am this close to seeing Chaewon.

He put his phone up and I panicked as I tried to reach for it, but he only stepped away just in time for a flash to come out.

"Hey!" I screamed and reached out, but then someone bumped into him from behind making him drop his phone.

"Oops, sorry sir. I didn't see you there." a tall girl with dark brown hair apologized with a sheepish smile.

Before he can react, I quickly moved and stepped on his phone until it had huge cracks on it.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing to my phone?!" he yelled and pushed me away.

Before I can stumble down to the ground, the girl caught me by my arm and made sure we were both balanced.

I was supposed to thank her, but had no time because the man suddenly held something in his ear and spoke.