11

Your P.O.V.

It was already the day of Yujin's birthday party, and I still can't believe Chaewon agreed to go with me that fast.

"Did you guys talk to Kazuha last night?" I asked Garam and Eunchae.

"Just a few texts. You?" Garam replied.

"No. I guess she's still mad at me." I sighed.

She actually kept on calling me even last night, but I was still too cowardly to answer them.

"Did you tell her about the party you're attending tonight?" Eunchae asked.

Oh.

"Uhm, no. And I think it's better if you two keep it a secret from her as well." I told them.

"Why? I think she needs to know, or else she'll be worried about you." Garam stated.

"She'll just get more angry at me. And there's nothing to be worried about. Only a few close friends are attending." I assured them.

They both looked at each other before eventually nodding their heads, so I sighed of relief.

Besides, it's better if Kazuha doesn't know about the party. Then she wouldn't have to know who I'm going with.

As usual, after eating lunch I went ahead to my locker for my books. I didn't really expect it, but as soon as I saw another letter inside, my stomach churned.

I looked around to see if any figure looked strange. Or perhaps, if Chaewon was around. But I didn't see her.

I breathed deeply before opening the letter, my forehead creasing as I read the words.

"We'll be together now, love."

I blinked my eyes repeatedly at the new nickname. I didn't know if I should feel weirded out or scared, but I wanted to think that this was all just a prank.

Maybe someone was in the mood to send creepy letters and chose a random locker as a target. Maybe I just happened to be unlucky.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely not liking this. It's straight out uncomfortable and weird. So I crumpled it like I always do and threw it in a nearby garbage can.

"Hey."

I was listening to the lecture when I felt something poke my shoulder.

"What?" I asked Chaewon.

"You didn't forget about tonight, did you?" she asked.

"No. Why would I?" I replied.

"Good then. Send me the address to your house and I'll pick you up at 7." she offered.

Oh my God. Did she just--

I tried to suppress the smile from showing on my face, but I'm sure I can't stop the warmth from spreading in my cheeks.

"Sure." I mumbled before tearing a small piece of paper from my notebook and writing my address in it.

It was 6:25 and I was pacing back and forth at the living room. This was the first birthday party that I would attend, and it doesn't help that I'll be going with Chaewon.

And as if on cue, our doorbell rang. So I went and opened it a little to peek if it was her.

"Hey." she greeted.

"Hi, uhm, aren't you too early?" I asked.

"I like being early. But if you aren't ready yet, I can wait here." she replied.