22

Your P.O.V.

Before these letters could even sink in, I heard footsteps coming in this direction. I quickly went back to my senses and grabbed a few more of the notes and hid them inside my pocket.

"Y/n, time to eat." just as the door opened, I closed the drawer and stood up to face Kazuha.

"Oh, sure." I put up a smile and slightly nodded my head.

I walked towards her as she reached out her hand, which I took undoubtedly. After arriving at their dining room and seeing all the meals they prepared, I wonder how we're going to eat all this. Or maybe we're not supposed to.

"I know some of these are your favorites." Kazuha whispered.

I have to admit, now that I ate here I understand why I loved having Kazuha over at my house. All the food she brought were as delicious as the ones prepared in front of us.

But no matter how delightful these meals tasted, I can't seem to pry my mind off of those letters in her drawers. And the more that I think about it, the more that it didn't make sense.

I mean, I received those notes when she was not even here at the country. Not unless she wrote them before leaving and hired another one of her men to leave them on my locker. Or maybe she asked another student to--

Oh my God.

What if she asked someone else from the school to leave them on my--

"Are you okay? Does it taste bad?" I was interrupted from my thoughts when Kazuha nudged me.

"Huh? Of courshe not! It tashtesh good." I answered.

"You've been spacing off and not chewing the food in your mouth. Is there something?" she questioned.

I quickly continued chewing and nodded my head. I figured that she was getting suspicious of my actions again, so I tried to think of a topic.

"So, uh, it's been a long time but I just remembered. We haven't exactly talked about your mini vacation at Netherlands." I brought up.

It's not like we weren't spending much time, in fact she always stays by my side whenever she can. That topic just quickly fades away or gets disturbed by something or someone.

"Oh, right. Well, there's not much anyways. It didn't even feel like a vacation." she claimed.

"Really? Was it all business or some kind of formal meetings?" I asked.

"Kinda. Getting forced to meet a jerk does not even help--"

"Hold up, meet who?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I immediately knew that she had a slip of a tongue when she gulped hardly and stopped moving.

"Oh. My. God. Kazuha, you didn't tell me you were seeing someone." I smiled and moved a little closer to try and get more information.

"I wasn't. It was just for business." she stated.

"Yeah, like that one time you said you were having lunch with someone." I grinned.

"That wasn't even a thing. Forget it." she muttered.

"Come on, you can tell me. What if he's like, a super famous person or--"

"Stop talking about him." I was cut off when she snapped her head towards me and deepened her voice.

The smile on my face faded away in a second, turning my head to the table and drinking water to dissolve the awkwardness.