24

Your P.O.V.

Looking at Kazuha's sleeping state in my bed made me realize that I was risking so much more with what I'm planning to do.

Last night, she said that she wanted to sleep with me. And no, not in that way. So to make her think that I'm not leaving, I agreed and just let her stay the night. I didn't want to make things awkward by sleeping on the same space with her, but you know how she is.

It was still early in the morning, the sun was still starting to rise. I moved as quietly as I can, going downstairs and getting my bags to leave. I had no time to be all nostalgic about this place so I immediately called for a cab and went to the hospital where Chaewon was.

After looking around the entrance and making sure that none of Kazuha's men were lurking, I sighed of relief and quickly asked the counter where Chaewon was.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't give you that information unless you're related with the patient." the nurse stated.

"I am related to her. She's my friend." I told her.

"Unless you have permission from the patient's guardian directly, or you can just contact someone to let you in." she suggested.

I sighed and sat down on one of the chairs for a while. It's still early in the morning and I don't think Yujin's already up. Aside from her, I don't even know Chaewon's parents...

"American girl?"

I looked up after hearing that familiar voice, and once I saw who it was I quickly smiled and stood up to greet her.

"Yunjin? It's great to see you again!" I beamed.

"You too! Anyway, what are you doing here with lots of bags?" she asked, pointing at the things sitting beside me.

"Oh, well, nevermind those. I was supposed to visit a friend. But I can't contact her parents, and the only person that I can call is probably still asleep." I explained.

"Aw, that sucks." she clicked her tongue and patted my shoulder.

I let out a small chuckle before sitting down, Yunjin taking the seat beside me.

"Anyway, how about you? What are you doing here so early?" I asked her.

"Same as you. I came to visit a friend." she replied.

"Oh. How's your friend?" I asked.

"Not bad, but not good too. We've been waiting for her to wake up. But there's no progress." she sighed.

"Same for my friend. I heard that her wounds had healed, but she still hasn't woken up." I muttered.

For a few seconds, we sat there in a comforting silence as we each thought of our own friend. I was planning on leaving this place with Chaewon, but she hasn't even opened her eyes for a long time now. How am I even supposed to see her?

"Oh right, before I forget. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually not American." I confessed.

"What?" Yunjin gasped as she turned to me.

"Yeah. I made that up so that the men wouldn't recognize me." I reasoned out.

"Wow, your accent's good though." she laughed.

"Thanks." I smiled and proceeded to hang my head down as I think of what to do.

"I guess you're really desperate to see your friend that you even lied about your nationality." she said.

"I miss her a lot. She told me the last time we talked that we would both leave this place together. Now, I don't know. I don't want to leave her here, you know." I shrugged.