18

Your P.O.V.

I was sitting down at the hospital chairs with Garam and Eunchae beside me. My tear-stained cheeks feeling cold and my trembling hands being held by the two of them.

As the doctor went out the curtains, she removed her mask and faced me with a sigh. At that moment, I knew what she was going to say. And I dreaded it.

"I'm sorry, young lady. But they lost too much blood for too long." she reported.

I looked down as tears streamed down my face again. Nothing can feel heavier than this feeling in my chest and the sobs that escaped my mouth as I tried to catch my breath.

"H-how could they le-ave me just like t-that..." I sobbed.

I didn't even get to say goodbye... The last time I saw them was when I ran out last night, if only I knew that this would happen I shouldn't have ran away.

I shouldn't have thought of Kazuha or left my parents just because of my own sake. Then maybe, I had more time with them. Maybe....

"How did they die? What happened to them?" I looked back up at the doctor and asked.

"We found several stab wounds in their bodies. It was deep enough to--" I put up a hand signaling her to stop. It was too much to know already. Just knowing how they died like that was enough.

They were murdered.

I wanted to know more about what happened. I wanted to find out myself who killed them and why they did that. But I had no strength remaining and their sudden death still can't sink in my head.

"Y/n..." I felt Garam and Eunchae's hands comfortingly rubbing my back.

"We're sorry for your loss." Eunchae sincerely uttered.

I didn't know what to do. It was my first time losing someone, and it had to be my parents. They were such kind people. I don't know why someone-- a devil would want to do this to them. They don't deserve this.

"Y/n." I looked up and saw our neighbor, Mrs. Oh walking towards me.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. It's too early for them to pass away like this." she expressed.

She then knelt down and cupped my cheek, wiping my tears away while giving me a concerned look.

"W-who did this to th-em?" I stuttered.

"Dear, I want to know as well. But we're both left in the dark here." she replied.

"They don't deserve this..." I shook my head and felt continuous tears falling down my face.

"I know, dear. They don't." she then wrapped her arms around me for a warm embrace.

"I'll take care of everything, Y/n. You don't have to worry. I know this is too much for you to bear, so just go and take a rest for now." she whispered.

My parents used to interact with her all the time, and I can feel how genuine she is. But we still weren't that close so I refrained from burdening her with my tears.

When she pulled away, she talked to Garam and Eunchae. Telling them to take care of me and get me home safely. How can I even enter the place where they died?

"Y/n, you're not alone in this. We're here for you." Garam assured.

I tried to calm myself by breathing deeply. I had no choice but to follow them, since I don't know how these things work.

All the way back home, I kept crying and crying. I didn't care if people noticed. I just wanted my parents to come back. But we all know that they can't.