THIRTY EIGHT: "This is why I'm a dog person"

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: "This is why I'm a dog person"

            BILLY GAVE THE TEAM AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE A SECURE WAY TO COMMUNICATE

            BILLY GAVE THE TEAM AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE A SECURE WAY TO COMMUNICATE. By letting Billy bounce from world to world, they were able to come up with the stable outline of a plan that could result in their inevitable victory. Zatanna's spell had worked for the young heroes whereas the older ones followed Nova's guidance where they found Klarion's enchantment hidden in the thick forest of a cornfield.

             The corn rustled gently behind Klarion, causing the witchboy to casually glance over his shoulder. Lazily, he flicked his hand, summoning a shield to deflect the incoming arrows and birdarangs. "That's the best you can do?"

               Klarion spun around as a powerful blast of heat was fired his way. The corn burned brightly as Katherine's heat vision exploded down the pathway, her teeth gritted together as she forced all her strength into the attack. Klarion clenched his jaw, crossing his arms over his chest before throwing them out. His protective barrier, pushing the heat back and inevitably collided with Katherine, knocking the Girl of Steel to the ground.

               A smug smirk laid upon the sorcerer's expression and he examined the other pathways, finding Superboy, Aqualad and Kid Flash charging at him in unison. With a quick spell uttered, a dome was summoned over the burnt floor, protecting his spell from the young heroes.

              He turned in search for his next fight, easily destroying Zatanna's attempt at an attack. Her spell was no match for the power Klarion possessed, magic that far exceed her willpower at that moment in time.

               The protective dome rumbled as M'gann through large boulders into the reflective surface. Klarion grinned, opened his mouth and hissed out a burst of flame like a dragon. M'gann narrowly avoided the heat.

              Katherine went to hurry back into the battle when Wally appeared by her side, Artemis close behind him. "Listen," he insisted. "When Fate possessed my body, he defeated Klarion by attacking the cat."

              In sync, Artemis and Katherine turned their attention to Teekl, Klarion's familiar. The cat was unfazed by the chaos erupting around it, cautiously licking its fur and grooming its scruffy face.

              "Good. Not the big cat fan, anyway." Artemis fired an arrow at the snarl, only for Klarion to transform it into a ball of yarn.

              Katherine huffed out in irritation. "How are we suppose to defeat him if we can't get close to him?"

              Klarion chuckled, rubbing his hands together like the chaos lord he was. "Show them what the familiar to a Lord of Chaos can do, Teekl." The cat grew from a small and insignificant kitten to a vicious tiger in a split second. It's two front teeth hung out of its mouth like a saver-tooth tiger and it let out a deafening roar.