FOURTEEN: "I got an arch enemy, so now I'm technically a real superhero"

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: "I got an arch enemy, so now I'm technically a real superhero"

~~~~
METROPOLIS
August 8th, 08:45 CDT

TODAY WAS THE DAY KATHERINE DREADED EVERY TIME HOLIDAYS ROLLED AROUND. Her nose turned up in disgust at the sight of the large school building which towered over her in a very intimidating way. She felt deaf standing there, being able to hear every individual group's conversation, easily making out the disgust lacing the students' tones. However, she kept reciting what Clark had said to her before she left. 'Focus on one thing' she told herself, averting her gaze from the groups or students out the front and instead focusing on the school building she approached.

"Yeah, this isn't terrifying at all," Katherine said hesitantly, her shoulder slouching as she awkwardly pulled at her bag's straps after adjusting her glasses.

Her phone vibrated vigorously in her pocket, causing the girl to pause and pull it out, a small smile forming as she saw Dick's contact and a short little message. 'Goodluck at high school. Lol, you're getting old.'

Katherine laughed to herself as she gave a short reply expressing her gratitude and that he wasn't as lucky and was almost the same age as her. The most annoying thing was the fact that her and Wally were stuck in school whereas the rest of the Team were having a beach day at Mount Justice.

Katherine's heart was beating a thousand miles an hour as she walked closer to school, folding her arms tightly across her chest, trying to calm her nerves that seemed so unnecessary, but as they increased so did the bruising under her clothes. She was Supergirl for god sake, the Girl of Steel! Daughter of Superman. Why was this scaring her so much?

"Kat!" A voice called out to her, snapping the young superhero from her thoughts.

Katherine's syes darted behind her, a grateful smile immediately pulling onto her face at the sight off the brunette chasing after her. "I was beginning to think you just weren't gonna show," Katherine admitted as she swung her arms around Alexandra, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Couldn't let my favourite girl be tortured alone," Alexandra replied, laughing as the pair seperated. "And dear god, I would not want to be stuck here alone. You know you're my only friend!" the brunette jabbed her elbow into the Kryptonian's side, frowning as she heard a faint whimper slip past her lips. "Oops... Sorry, I saw that on the news, some lunatic targeting you?"

Katherine winced, rolling her shoulders back and straightening her posture to try and hide her throbbing injury. The day after the Regin copycat attacked, Katherine woke up stiff, almost screaming in pain from the harsh buising that had appeared overnight. Her father had said there was no severe damage, but Katherine definitely felt like she was being murdered and was bedridden for the next few days. The only time her parents allowed her to move was to go get an ice pack for the injuries, bathroom or food. Other then that, she stayed in the warmth under the covers, spamming the groupchat she had with Wally, Dick and Kaldur with memes that they all appreciated.