TWENTY FIVE: "I really hope my dog actually loves me"

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: "I really hope my dog actually loves me"

~~~~
MOUNT JUSTICE
September 23rd, 06:34 EDT

        KATHERINE YAWNED FOR ABOUT THE HUNDREDTH TIME SINCE HER AND HER FATHER ARRIVED AT MOUNT JUSTICE. She silently flew through the air around the table her teammates sat at, staring blankly at the bench as they tried to process the betrayal that had occurred. The Girl of Steel was extremely grateful she hadn't been at the mountain when this occurred.

The typical bright and gleeful atmosphere was unrecognisable due to not only the event but also the lack of Faith since Nova took her to a new home, one more permanent over in London. In a way, her constant questions and curious behavior were dearly missed because they would at least break any uncomfortable tension or uneasiness in the air. But, hopefully she now had a forever home with a woman who cared about her tremendously, and judging by the fact Faith was apparently enjoying every second of Nova being her guardian and how happy Nova was looking after her, she had found that forever home.

          As Katherine landed at the end of the table, opposite her, Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzel on the metal bench, offering them to the silent heroes.

           Wally was the first to notice the gesture, replying in a way that made Katherine think the real Wally was stolen by the robots and this was a fake. "Thanks, but no thanks." He speaks with a harsh tone, his words making it seem like he was declining the offer of food which was off for the young speedster.

           "Yeah, what we want are answers," Robin spoke up with an equally harsh voice, glancing at his friend who sat across from him. The redhead instinctively sat up straighter as he met the Boy Wonder's masked gaze. "About Red Tornado and his siblings."

           Green Arrow's face remained unreadable.

           "You owe them that much," Katherine added, crossing her arms on the newly made suit that she was yet to take off since being given it. The solar suit was surprisingly comfortable, and... She didn't exactly know how to remove the nanotechnology...yet.

          "Exactly," Wally went to agree, though he quickly got distracted as the Emerald Archer went to take away the boel of food.  The speedster swiftly took hold of the bowl again, tugging it out of his grasp. "Leave the bowl," he murmured quietly, taking a handful of pretzels and shoving them into his mouth.

          Katherine's face scrunched up in disgust as she heard the speedster chewing rather loudly, and judging by the glares he was receiving, she wasn't the only one.