FORTY ONE: "I was bed ridden for a week"

CHAPTER FORTY ONE: "I was bed ridden for a week"

              GAR HAD FALLEN INTO A STATE OF SHOCK, TRAPPED IN A COMA HIS BODY INITIATED IN DEFENCE

              GAR HAD FALLEN INTO A STATE OF SHOCK, TRAPPED IN A COMA HIS BODY INITIATED IN DEFENCE. He also desperately required a blood transfusion as his body struggled to survive under the injuries sustained. With none of the young heroes O negative, M'gann offered her assistance, using her shapeshifting abilities to alter her blood to match Gar's.
The rest of the Team sat in an anxious shared silence as they waited for the transfusion to be complete.

Robin released a heavy sigh, slouching in his seat. "And on top of all this, Harjavti steps down tomorrow, subjecting all of Qurac to this danger."

Katherine stared for a moment, flicking her eyes down to where his hand laid on the armrest. Hesitantly, she let her hand fall to his clenched fist, squeezing it gently. "We'll figure something out," she insisted with a smile, making eye contact with his masked eyes.

               Supergirl shared her father's remarkable ability of optimism and hope. It was an incredible thing to witness and Robin felt himself smile. He fell victim to her magical spell, stumbling into her crystal blue eyes as they stared at one another. He suddenly straightened up and shook his head, tearing his hand from beneath her's. "KF, can you find a news station?" he called out, ignoring the faint sound of protest Katherine made. A deep frown had crossed her lips and her heart practically fell to her feet.

                "Uh, sure..." Wally stammered, his eyes following the Boy Wonder. He spared a quick glance at Katherine, noticing how the Girl of Steel slumped in her seat with a frown, arms crossed tightly across her chest. "Which remote is it?" He fiddled with one of the remotes, pointing it at the small TV screen.

               It flashed to life, the familiar sound of a school bell ringing filling the air. Faith flinched at the sound, recognising it all to well. Her mind had suddenly forgotten where she was and her heart leaped at the thought of being late.

              The group turned their attention to the TV, watching as the vintage 'Hello, Megan!' title screen was displayed with the catchy theme song playing in the background. The group watched the introduction play with the song filling their ears and threatening to be stuck in there for weeks to come.

            The group crowded around the TV screen with mild interest. Connor furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of Megan's love interest. "Maybe it's a coincidence?" he offered, but was quickly defeated as the episode began.

            Megan came hurrying down a set of stairs, announcing that she'd be going to library only to be reminded that she invited someone. Opening the front door revealed her love interest. "Connor!" she exclaimed, hurrying to embrace the man. "I thought you'd never get here."

           Katherine frowned, squeezing Connor's shoulder sympathetically as he refused to watch anymore. Faith watched from the couch, muttering a faint "awkward" under her breath.