ELEVEN: "Terminator with monkeys"

CHAPTER ELEVEN: "Terminator with monkeys"

           KATHERINE LAUGHED AS ROBIN'S URGE TO SHORTEN WORDS THAT AREN'T MEANT TO BE SHORTENED RESURFACED IN AN ATTEMPT TO SPIKE CONVERSATION

KATHERINE LAUGHED AS ROBIN'S URGE TO SHORTEN WORDS THAT AREN'T MEANT TO BE SHORTENED RESURFACED IN AN ATTEMPT TO SPIKE CONVERSATION. They had seperated from the two decoy trucks, leaving them to follow the first truck with a few parts from the dismembered android.

         Robin had zoomed ahead to be in front of the teo Kryptonians on their right, turning his head to look at them.
"If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, if things are going wrong, they go right."

Superboy remained silent, ignoring Robin's attempt at positivity and conversation. But Katherine definitely appreciated the attempt. "What is with you and this obsession with shortening words these days?"

The Boy Wonder simply smiled innocently at her. "Actually, I'm referring to the opposite of words not shortening them," he corrected sassily. "But you get my point right?"

"Yes Robin, I understand, but the words you make will never be actual words," Katherine replied, her own seemingly innocent smile etching on her lips as she glanced at him before turning back to face ahead.

         The youngest Team member's eyes lingered on the Girl of Steel for a moment, going unnoticed by her before he noticed Superboy staying extra silent. "Uh, clearly you're not feeling the aster. What's wrong?"

          "Canary," Superboy replied instantly with his tone stern and clearly infuriated. "And what business does she have teaching combat skills to a guy with super-strength?" he questioned, mostly to himself due to the fact he avoided making eye contact with the other two.

          Robin and Katherine shared a look before Katherine spoke up, beginning an answer for both of them. "You may have super-strength, but what if there's power dampeners or kryptonite nearby, you won't have that. It's a good idea to know how to fight and match your opponent's fighting style if that situation ever happens. Trust me, I know its annoying, but it'll be extremely helpful in the long run."

"And, taking down stronger guys is part of the gig," Robin added simply like it was an obvious thing and reasoned every action made by her. "Canary learned that the hard way. Same with Batman and, well, me."

Noticing his hesitance, Katherine frowned, glancing at her friend sympathetically, only wishing she could rest a hand on his shoulder or grab his hand to show him that she was there if he needed. She had a feeling he was referring to the crime filled city of Gotham and how the basic known rule on the streets at night was that you had to fight to survive, and with the psychopaths that invested that city, she didn't think that was the worse thing over there. It made her extra grateful to call Metropolis her home.

She kept her hands glued to the handlebars, anxious to remove them due to the fact she was very inexperienced when it came to motorcycles. Just like she was with every other vehicle.