EIGHT: "How come you get super-hearing and I don't"

CHAPTER EIGHT: "How come you get super-hearing and I don't?"

~~~~
CARIBBEAN SEA
July 22nd, 20:08 ECT

KATHERINE SAT IN THE BIOSHIP ALONG WITH HER FRIENDS, HUMMING QUIETLY UNDER HER BREATH. She was dressed in her super suit for this mission, red cape draped delicately over the back of her chair. Her designated seat was at the front in the exact spot she claimed in the previous mission four days ago, and she loved it. Her friends still find it hilarious to watch her look out the front window like a dog in a car travelling to a new location. She couldn't help it, flying in the bioship was a lot different to flying with her own abilities.

"We're approaching Santa Prisca," Miss Martian informed the Team from the head of the bioship.

Batman had sent the Tean of a 'strictly covert' mission to gather intel on a dangerous and illegal neurosteroid, a strength enhancing drug, being sold under the street name Venom. As much as their mentors wanted missions to be strictly covert, Katherine had a feeling it would always follow their instructions.

"Drop Zone A in 30," the Martian girl announces.

At her words, Aqualad stands, the straps that acted as seatbelts removing themselves before his chair disappeared under him. He pressed the aqua symbol and his suit went from its typical red, blue and black to a variety of shades of black to help with their covert part of their mission. He nods to M'gann. "Ready."

           M'gann nodded back. "Putting bioship in camoflage," she states as Santa Prisca appears amongst the thick fog and dark clouds. As they flew closer, an opening shifted under Kaldur and dropped him into the water below.

He swiftly swam through the murky waters, narrowly avoiding sunken mines and slicing through a rope net beneath the ocean with his water-bearers. Once close enough, he emerges from the sea and lands on the shoreline with rain beginning to fall from the gloomy clouds. Jogging over to a set of security cameras and what looked to be weapons positioned on the sand, he avoided being spotted and placed a silver and red disruptor on top of it.

"Heat and motion sensors are patched," he informs his friends over the comm link. "Data is now on a continuous loop. Move in." He watched from the shore as the bioship flew overhead, barely visible to the naked eye.

         "Drop Zone B," Miss Martian said as the ship comes to a halt above a break in the canopy, a large opening breaking through the trees. She flicked a hand forward, and as if on command, two cords dropped from the ceiling for the two that cannot fly. They didn't hesitate to attach their belts to the hooks.

          Excitedly, Kid Flash lifted his hand and pressed the lightning bolt emblem positioned over his chest. His suit went from a bright yellow to a dark black, the red accents upon his suit sticking around though. He looks over the design with a grin. "How cool is this?" he asked happily, looking back at M'gann.