FORTY FOUR: "I hate to be that person, but... I told you so"

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: "I hate to be that person, but... I told you so"

~~~~WASHINGTON, D

~~~~
WASHINGTON, D.C.
December 30, 09:16 EST

THE HALL OF JUSTICE WAS SURROUNDED BY FANS AND PAPARAZZI AS THE JUSTICE LEAGUE WELCOME THEIR NEW HEROES. However, the Team was once again locked away from prying eyes, hidden within the lobby of the building where their journey had started at the beginning of the year. The only exception this time was that they had four new addition to the roster that came to the Hall that day. Connor of course came first and showed Katherine what it was like to have a brother. Artemis soon came next and was followed by Zatanna before Faith was given permission to join by her mentor.

And finally, the Team had welcomed Rocket mere days ago as her own mentor had been recruited by the Justice League.

          "The Justice League was formed for two reasons," Superman began to address the public in his typical bright and optimistic way. "First, as an acknowledgement that no single individual, no matter how powerful, can solve all the world's problem alone. And second, to uphold the values of truth, liberty and justice... that, uh, last one's even in the name." The camera fluttered to life as the caught the Man of Steel's infamous smile and he turned to the new recruits. They consisted of Doctor Fate, the Atom, Icon, Red Arrow, Superwoman and Plastic Man. "These five heroes have sworn to uphold those values." Clark took a step away from the microphone, clasping his hand over Kara's shoulder as the blonde grin. "And it is my honour to welcome my cousin back to the Justice League."

               "You are watching live coverage of the Justice League's induction of its six newest members," Cat Grant exclaimed happily over the broadcast. "Looks like the entire League has shown up to welcome the new blood. Everyone from Batman to Captain Marvel."

               "Random thought!" Faith suddenly spoke up. "If he is my age and is in the Justice League, why can't I be too?"

             From behind her, Nova rolled her, giving a light but amused sigh at the girl's curiosity. The Immortal sat in the air in a similar way to Katherine, except her legs were crossed at ankles and she had her elbow propped up on an invisible ledge. "Because you're still learning," Nova said. "Billy has at least had a chance to handle the big threats that the League deals with."

              "I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out," Wally added happily, taking a loud chomp of the vibrant red apple in his grasp. "And Faith's right. I love the fact there's a ten year old on the League."

               "There is?"

                Wally's face dropped and Robin slammed his elbow into the speedster's rib. "Way to keep a secret, genius," the Boy Wonder muttered, glancing at Raquel. Her eyes were squinted in both confusion and frustration, a deep frown having lifted onto her lips.