TWENTY FOUR: "It's not 'just a suit'"

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: "It's not 'just a suit'"

~~~~
METROPOLIS
September 22nd, 15:45 CDT

KATHERINE WAS LUCKY, EXTREMELY LUCKY IN HER BOOKS.

The Team had a lack of mission for the past few weeks. There was one for specifically Miss Martian and Superboy, but there was also one Kaldur went in to help out Roy. The rest of the Team weren't allowed to join them on that one. And today, Katherine got to avoid the cave, and that meant avoid any missions Batman had planned because of two things. One, she had school. She had settled into high school quite easily and was taking the work in her stride as well as staying on top of all of it. Unlike Alexandra, who was already leaving things to the last minute. Second, her solar suit was finished!

          It may seem strange for her to be excited to receive a suit that is specifically designed to revitalize her should she ever been drained of power, but for Katherine, it was a milestone she had been looking forward to since Ted Kord started the project. The solar suit, though it should only be use when she's in dire need of a recharge, meant that she was even closer to becoming a full blown Kryptonian like her Aunt and Dad. It's not that she didn't like being a hyrbid but instead that being a Kryptonian is just so much cooler.

          "What's so special about it? Its just a suit?" Alexandra stated with an eye roll as Katherine showed her an image of what the suit should look like.

"It is not 'just a suit'," Katherine mocked, resting her hands on her hips mockingly towards the other girl. "It's a highly advanced technological suit that maximises how much solar radiation I take in and effectively helps me heal when it's needed."

             Her sass made Alexandra laughed softly, patting her friend's shoulder sympathetically. "You have no idea what it really does, do you?"

             Katherine blinked twice before frowning, shaking her head slowly. "It's a step closer to becoming full blown Kryptonian. So, yes, Alex, it means a lot to me. You could try to be happy—"

              "I am! I am, don't worry," Alexandra quickly reassured, wrapping her arm around Katherine's shoulders. "Just don't forget me when you're full blown Kryptonian."

              Katherine rolled her eyes, slapping Alexandra's chest gently but kept smiling. "You're impossible to forget anyways."

              "I know! I am just awesome like that!" Alexandra gave a cocky smile. "However, it seemed you had forgotten about me last time we hung out." Her hands rested on her hips as she teased her friend, making kissing sounds.