ONE: "Today's the day"

CHAPTER ONE: "Today's the day"

~~~~~METROPOLIS July 4th, 12:00 CDT

~~~~~
METROPOLIS
July 4th, 12:00 CDT

KATHERINE LANE-KENT HAD ONE DREAM GROWING UP AND ONE LIFE GOAL. That was to join the Justice League. After learning of their existence at a young age and knowing about her father's side job, she wanted nothing more then to work alongside the many heroes she grew up idolising... And her Dad of course. However, though she wouldn't admit it, she would be more excited to fight by Princess Diana, aka Wonder Woman, then her Dad if the opportunity presented itself and gave her the chance to. Then again, who wouldn't leap at the opportunity to fight by one of the strongest and most gorgeous people on planet Earth.

Anyways, Katherine had worked her ass off for the past four years since she started joining her father in protecting their home city, Metropolis. And finally, it would all pay off.

"Come on, Dad!" the young Kryptonian exclaimed as she twirled around in the bright blue skies, her scarlett cape fluttering wildly in the wind with her smile so bright it could be blinding. "Today's the day!"

The Man of Steel chuckled at his daughter's enthusiasm, watching as she flew through the fluffy white clouds with a massive grin across her face. She couldn't fly in one place, too excited for the day she had waited for since she was four and her kryptonian DNA first started to show itself. That day was confusing and funny at the same time for Lois and Clark, especially when they had thought Katherine wouldn't have the powers equivalent to her Dad's. "Slow down, Kath, no need to be in such a hurry-"

"What? You gettin' slow in your old age? Can't keep up," Katherine sassed, appearing by her father's side with her hands on her hips. Though the sentence could come across as an insult, the sarcastic and exaggerated tone only made Clark laugh again, his daughter's humour being especially amusing. "If Mum didn't spend ten minutes getting photos, I wouldn't be nagging. But, ya know."

"Your mother is sentimental, Kath," Clark reminded her, casting her a side glance as she flew beside him, finally slowing down for the first time since July 4th had begun. "Expect those photos all through the apartment by next week."

Katherine groaned, but it didn't hide her grin that she knew would be permanently stuck to her face for the rest of the day, week, month... Maybe year? Who knows? Words couldn't explain how excited Katherine was to succeed in her one life goal.

"Nothing can ruin today for me!" the younger krptonian spun around before being forced to spin again as he brunette hair fell in front of her eyes for a moment. Her excitement was abruptly cut however when she picked up one the yells and exclaimation of terror and fear from down below. "Okay... Maybe that can."

"Yeah, hold up, gotta deal with ugly first."

Superman took the lead, dropping his eyesight and pausing above the clouds with his daughter ending up by his side, an annoyed expression accompanying the grin that still hadn't faded. She crossed her arms across her chest. "Can't Auntie Kara handle this? She picked up the cape again didn't she?"