THIRTEEN: "One psycho mimicking another"

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: "One psycho mimicking another"

        KATHERINE SWIFTLY CLIMBED TO HER FEET AND LAUNCHED HERSELF AT THE GIRL DRAPED IN BLACK

        KATHERINE SWIFTLY CLIMBED TO HER FEET AND LAUNCHED HERSELF AT THE GIRL DRAPED IN BLACK. Her hands wrapped around the enemy's waist, throwing her to the side with a grunt before throwing her fist up to knock the copycat down. Katherine however didn't move fast enough as her legs got swiped out under her, the other climbed on top of her and landed a solid punch to the Kryptonian's cheek before being kneed in the gut. The action dazed the enemy for a moment, giving Katherine enough time to throw her to the side, wincing as she watched her body smashed through an already crumbling wall.

"That ain't good," she murmured, easily picking up on the distant cracking from above, the scaffholding the copycat just broke being extremely vital. Katherine went to fly up to check the crumbling floors when the copycat reappeared with her jaw clenched, anger bubbling within her eyes. She grabbed onto Katherine's ankles, tugging her back down to the bottom floor with force, slamming the Kryptonian's body onto the pavement, causing a small crater to form beneath them. "It was you, wasn't it?" Katherine snapped, swinging a jab into the left side of the opposition's face before punching the right and bending her knee.

Surprisingly well, she managed to flick her foot into the other's stomach, hearing the other grunt as she was kicked up. Katherine rolled out the way as the figure dressed in black fell down, punching the cement when she was aiming for Katherine's head. "You started this fire, didn't you!?" Katherine yelled, storming towards the copycat when she suddenly was able to hear every intake and exhale of breath. She froze in the spot, pressing her hands to her head as her hearing was accelerated and she started to hear the chatter of reporters and police officer outside as well as the copycat's rapid heartbeat. She could pick up on the wave of the flames above, the sizzling of them as they burned through the building.

A throbbing headache appeared, one that felt like someone was slamming a hammer into a brain as she heard more and more and more...

"Why now?" she whispered, pushing her hands over her ears as a whimper slipped over her lips but she tried to focus on the copycat in front of her. She squinted her eyes open only to be knocked down as the copycat swung what could be titled a roundhouse kick into Katherine's rib. The Kryptonian practically flew to the side at the strength the masked one used, groaning as she hit the floor only to let out another whimper as she heard a lion's roar and a rooster's call. Her hearing was amplifying and she couldn't focus on anything. Everything was hitting her at once. Sudden sounds from animals or vehicles, explosions as experts blew up old buildings or army testing from across the globe. She even could hear the computer voice over in Mount Justice, the faint murmurs of her friends being recognisable but the words they said, she couldn't make out.

"Focus Katherine," she whispered to herself, trying to force some type of reassurance into her as she pressed her hands to the uneven floor and pushed herself to her feet, slowly. But this proved to be her downfall, as the masked fighter blew a freezing cold breath, mimicking a Kryptonian's freeze breath.